We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

External page Security | Forum

Jake Jaccard
Jake Jaccard Jun 28 '14
I am linking to several areas that are off limits to non members and I am wondering if you have php script code in the header of the page, that will not allow access to without being logged in to Oxwall? 

Most log-in scripts offer this funtionality; I hope you have it too for Oxwall users.

Thanks,

Jake Jaccard

The Forum post is edited by Jake Jaccard Jun 28 '14
ross Team
ross Jun 30 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 1 '14
Jake, by "several areas", I assume you are referring to external pages ( created outside of Oxwall's scope). If yes, then you will not be able to limit access to them for loged in users without putting those pages "under" Oxwall, since authorization/authentication methods are located within our core functionality.

You might find this topic useful: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/19839
Jake Jaccard
Jake Jaccard Aug 6 '14
Thanks Aliia, that is just what I was seeking; to protect content that is outside the core or scope. I am linking off the site to a protected area, and users have to log in there too; I was just trying to protect those areas and not have to force users to have to register at another location. 

But thank you for responding

Jake