We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

blogposting [Answered] | Forum

Jochen
Jochen Jun 29 '14
Hi all, is there a way to make the blog posts accept .pdf  and .zip - files as attachments ?

thanks in advance,  br, Jochen
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jul 28 '14
ross Team
ross Jun 29 '14
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 1 '14
Jochen, at this moment "Blogs" plugin doesn't have attachment feature at all.

I recommend checking "Skeleton" plugin to find out how you need to customize the code to add a new field that will allow your users to add attachments to blogs:
- Forms
- File storage
- Database

In addition to this, make sure to check how "Forum" plugin works with attachments:

Adding new field/storing attachments:

ow_plugins/forum/controllers/add_topic.php
ow_plugins/forum/controllers/edit_topic.php
ow_plugins/forum/bol/post_attachment.php
ow_plugins/forum/bol/post_attachment_dao.php
ow_plugins/forum/bol/post_attachment_service.php

Displaying attachments:

ow_plugins/forum/controllers/topic.php

And of course all corresponding .html files within the forum/views folder.

Jochen
Jochen Jul 1 '14
Hi Aliia,

thanks for your response, but I mean the upload feature which you can find in the attached file,  br, Jochen
Attachments:
  upload-file-types.JPG (28.15Kb)
Jochen
Jochen Jul 3 '14

Quote from Jochen Hi Aliia,

thanks for your response, but I mean the upload feature which you can find in the attached file,  br, Jochen

in forum-plugin I can find all your described files, but blog-plugin seems to use other resources for adding jpg,png and gif -files only ?
Alia Team
Alia Jul 10 '14
Jochen, the panel where users can add images/videos/html code is called media panel ( you can find the source code of this feature if you search by "panel" keyword:

Changing this feature to accept files other then images ( .png, .jpeg and etc.) is not a good idea. Firstly is is complicated, secondly since this is a system feature changes will effect all places where this panel is used sitewide.

I strongly recommend adding separate "Attach files"  ( like in forums) feature instead of modifying core files.
Jochen
Jochen Jul 11 '14
Aliia, thanks for your response, - I think i will use the "Notes"  Plugin for my needs.

br, Jochen