We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Are oxwall blog SEO friendly [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 1 '14
Is Oxwall Blog that is built into the site with the tags SEO friendly for google and other search engines or is the content only for Oxwall. Linked in blog content SEO friendly so i want my content the same for my users on my site.

Also if your site is closed off to users that arent registered will that close off your blogs on your network from the search engines from SEO?
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 3 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '14
Yes, blogs are SEO friendly

and if the site is closed for guest your site will not be indexed by google. 

Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 2 '14
Well i want the site to be closed off but still have the front signup page visible not the join page. Also i want the blog pages to be public. I dont want to have an open site. I want it closed off to users that arent registered but want the blog part open to users but still want my current homepage because its nice. I want them to hit the join button. I dont like the join page.
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '14
If you close your website, it will be closed at all, I mean all of it's sections. 
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 2 '14
I want the blog post to be open to be indexed by google and other users to see freely without registering to the site but the rest of the site to be closed off to non registered users. How can i do this?
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
Then do that via Pages and Menus section, assign which page is visible to whom. 
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
But I want the signup landing page to show. Thats the issue. I dont want the join page to show all the time. Seems like tge blog is only viewable if everyone can see the social network. If u select only registered users can see it then its fine but u can't see the blog.
The Forum post is edited by Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
What's the difference between sign-up and join page?
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
Look at the attachment. The join page is horrible. I want the signup page to look like this always. THe sign up page only stays like this when the network is closed off to guests.
Attachments:
  Niva Social- Login.PNG (633.34Kb)
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
so you want this page as a landing page? and blogs to be open as well?
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
yes. exactly. I want the blog to be able to be seen by any one and i want google to be able to be able to index users blogs in the search engine. Similar to linkedin. But i want only registered users to only be able to use the network other than the blogs. Blogs will be open to everyone.
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
Kris, But it does not make sense, how will a guest know that there are blogs, if he/she enters the site and stuck on the landing page with the sign-in popup. 
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
Thats what im talking about. I dont want them stuck on the landing page. Basically i want people who are searching on google to find other users blogs and click on them to come to my site and read. When they like what they read they register for the site. I want the blogs to be open to everyone so they can read content. If the site is closed off then the Blogs arent indexed by google. I want all of this and that landing page to stay the same where they have to hit join. Pretty Easy. I want the site to be closed off to everyone but still want users to be able to read the blog if its in the search engines.

I think by doing this it makes the site a major power SEO machine.
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
Read this post please: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14261
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
Ok i read it but by doing this will this make the blogs index by google that users post?
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
yes google will index, as the site won't be closed
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
OK i got it. Works perfect but one issue. That redirect goes to one page and shifts to the other. I dont like that. Looks bad. I dont want users to see the tab page at all. I want it to Come up properly.
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
as I noted in that post, otherwise this is custom code modification. 
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 3 '14
Could you help me modify it. Im not much of a coder
ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
We do not provide such instructions. Create a post in the custom code modifications section. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 3 '14
Pages: 1 2 3 »