We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fatal error: Class 'UPDATE_Log' not found [Solved] | Forum

David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jul 8 '14
Hi There

I'm trying to update a module from the admin panel on my website but its not working i receive the following error.

Fatal error: Class 'UPDATE_Log' not found in /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_updates/classes/updater.php on line 87

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 10 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Jul 8 '14
David, try to run the update process once again by using this URL:
http://www.domain.com/ow_updates/

ross Team
ross Jul 8 '14
David, have you tried what Daisy suggested you?
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jul 9 '14
Hi there,

Thanks for your help, i put in the URL but its saying " Your version is up to date. ". Still same error when i go to update plugins. 

ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
David, can you please check whether you have this file: ow_updates/classes/log.php ?
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jul 10 '14
Hi Ross,

I have log.php in that folder though nothing showing in the file its just blank.

ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
Here's the content of the file: 

<?php
/** * EXHIBIT A. Common Public Attribution License Version 1.0 * The contents of this file are subject to the Common Public Attribution License Version 1.0 (the “License”); * you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at * http://www.oxwall.org/license. The License is based on the Mozilla Public License Version 1.1 * but Sections 14 and 15 have been added to cover use of software over a computer network and provide for * limited attribution for the Original Developer. In addition, Exhibit A has been modified to be consistent * with Exhibit B. Software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” basis, * WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language * governing rights and limitations under the License. The Original Code is Oxwall software. * The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Oxwall Foundation (http://www.oxwall.org/foundation). * All portions of the code written by Oxwall Foundation are Copyright (c) 2011. All Rights Reserved.
 * EXHIBIT B. Attribution Information * Attribution Copyright Notice: Copyright 2011 Oxwall Foundation. All rights reserved. * Attribution Phrase (not exceeding 10 words): Powered by Oxwall community software * Attribution URL: http://www.oxwall.org/ ;* Graphic Image as provided in the Covered Code. * Display of Attribution Information is required in Larger Works which are defined in the CPAL as a work * which combines Covered Code or portions thereof with code not governed by the terms of the CPAL. */
/** * @author Sardar Madumarov <madumarov@gmail.com> * @package ow_core * @since 1.0 */class UPDATE_Log{    const TYPE = 'type';    const KEY = 'key';    const TIME_STAMP = 'timeStamp';    const MESSAGE = 'message';
    /**     * Class instances.     *     * @var array     */    private static $classInstance;
    /**     * Returns logger object.     *     * @param string $type     * @return UPDATE_Log     */    public static function getInstance()    {        if( self::$classInstance === null )        {            self::$classInstance = new self();        }
        return self::$classInstance;    }    /**     * Log type.     *     * @var string     */    private $type;    /**     * Log entries.     *     * @var array     */    private $entries = array();
    /**     * Constructor.     *     * @param string $type     * @param OW_LogWriter $logWriter     */    private function __construct()    {        $this->type = 'update';    }
    /**     * Adds log entry.     *     * @param string $message     * @param string $key     */    public function addEntry( $message, $key = null )    {        $this->entries[] = array(self::TYPE => $this->type, self::KEY => $key, self::MESSAGE => $message, self::TIME_STAMP => time());            }
    /**     * Returns all log entries.     *      * @return array     */    public function getEntries()    {        return $this->entries;    }}

please paste it and try again to update the plugins. 

David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jul 10 '14
That worked perfect, many thanks for your help not sure how it got deleted. 
ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
No problem. I'm going to mark this post as Solved.