We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

message plugin eat cpu after upgrade | Forum

ben
ben Jul 8 '14
after doing upgrade to 1,7 mysql and php eating much cpu. while on the same server 1.6 are running smothly. what should i do
The Forum post is edited by ben Jul 8 '14
ben
ben Jul 8 '14
ok looks like message plugins causing this problemm
ben
ben Jul 8 '14
message plugins make my site very very very very slow wwwwwwwwwwwww
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
Can you please provide us queries log or trace log, so we could find out the reason, because it works fine on our demo and test websites?
ben
ben Jul 9 '14
Message plugin need big resources to run, I give up.

Perhaps oxwall user who has dedicated server can run this plugin
Jozef
Jozef Jul 9 '14
There must be some explanation or solution. It is not normal that one plugin absorbs 3/4 performance of VPS (server). I believe that developers will solve it, because it would be a great pity, plugin is a big step forward.
Tomas Novak
Tomas Novak Jul 9 '14
Please guys, I have question. If you try messages plugin in mobile version, and you have more than 20 messages, then you leave this chat and return to it, loads the messages right? On my site load first new messages and after this old messages. So I have on middle new messages and over the text message panel old mesaages
Jozef
Jozef Jul 9 '14
Tomas to si na tom ešte dobre že ti vôbec ten plugin funguje :)) my sme nemali moc možnosť ho skúšať, nejako divne sa správa na niektorých serveroch, mne z VPS žerie skoro tretinu výkonu...
Kostia
Kostia Jul 9 '14
the same problem 
The Forum post is edited by Kostia Jul 9 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
Guys, we took server access details from several community members to discover the issue with the CPU, as soon as I get reply from our developers I will let you know the reason or fix. 

Thank you for your patience. 

ben
ben Jul 10 '14
Thanks ross
ben
ben Jul 10 '14
New Plugins still eating much cpu, i can't browse my own site. How this plugins works?
Pete
Pete Jul 10 '14
I have also found out that the Events plugin slows a persons site down ,I put it on mine ,and my site became a lot slower ,so I removed it and my site is fine now
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 10 '14
ben
ben Jul 10 '14
Im not experiencing any issue with event plugin pete, try to reupdate your plugins
Pete
Pete Jul 10 '14
thanks
ben
ben Jul 10 '14
did your site okay now pete? no problem
Pete
Pete Jul 10 '14

I have not tried it yet ben,i am waiting for the patch update for photos and messaging +chat which well be avil for download in members admin panels very soon .As it might be something to do with messaging +chat plugin . My site just seems much faster without  Events plugin .http://ukadoptionregister.org

I might not use the events plugin ,I can always add events to a custom page which I think is much better ,than over loading my site with to many plugins .

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 10 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Guys, the message plugin has been updated in the store, please do the update. 
ben
ben Jul 11 '14
Im using the latest version, 7203. cpu goes high and unresponsive website/slow loading here the cpu screenshoot

and when i click view all message it keep loading

ben
ben Jul 11 '14
and no one online when i took that screenshoot
Pages: 1 2 3 »