We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

message plugin eat cpu after upgrade | Forum

ben
ben Jul 11 '14

that's why i cant browse my site, user will angry with slow loading website
Ace132
Ace132 Jul 11 '14

Yep, same problem here.

Lots off CPU usage for the message plugin.

Site almost unreachable.

The Forum post is edited by Ace132 Jul 11 '14
Attachments:
  cpu.png (10.46Kb)
ben
ben Jul 14 '14
cpu graph above only using mailbox and turn off chat feature.

is there any quick fix for this ? increasing php memory is unhelpful
Ilja
Ilja Jul 15 '14
ben, this can be related. I found the same issue with CPU loading, but in my case it has:

1. loaded mysql high

2. blocked user browser.

Seems that it could be the same problem. I feel it is somehow related with mailbox upgrade to messages.

More on that in my post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21636

Joseph
Joseph Jul 15 '14
yeah the new plugin is a great idea but very cpu hungry
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 15 '14
They need to take out the "show all friends even if not online" feature. There is no way this is going to fly on shared hosting plans. 

ben
ben Jul 16 '14
Oxawall showing all users on chat feature friend or not friends and that was logic if they merged chat with mailbox feature. I test it on my local pc and it work just fine with 3 user in it.

the problem is mysql and php working hard to find all user message if you have million message in your site thats why it keep loading and produce high load. Message plugin is premature and oxwall launch it without stress test and warning.

Temporary solution i guess is oxwwall should make mailbox plugin without chat where user can use privately and compatible with 1.7 version.

or make chat feature working exactly like how mailbox work, no more fast replying and it will decrese server load.

and user not expecting fast reply, they only need working plugins to communicated privately

or limit user on chat, ex: 10 user on chat window based on frindship or last login

I hope owall fixed this soon, i can't run broken production site for long time
The Forum post is edited by ben Jul 16 '14
Jimmy
Jimmy Jul 16 '14
@ben well I'm ok with you, we need to do something with this problem on version 1.7 I have thousands of messages on my site more than 10 000 members and impossible to run mailbox

Ilja
Ilja Jul 16 '14
On my site there are 250K messages, and it is a problem as well. 
Joseph
Joseph Jul 16 '14
same here @Jimmy we have over 0 thousand and our mailbox just wont load
ross Team
ross Jul 17 '14
Guys, mailbox plugin has been updated, please update it. The notification should appear in your admin panel within next 24 hours. 
ben
ben Jul 17 '14
thanks ross
Vasilis
Vasilis Jul 17 '14
I had the same issue. The problem is with the offline list. If you have many friends and on your chat window the offline users show up then you got a problem. If you see in the Messages plugin settings it also says its a bad idea to have the offline users list enabled for big sites (I think the issue is when you have more than about 200 friends). 
The Forum post is edited by Vasilis Jul 17 '14
ben
ben Jul 17 '14

Quote from Vasilis George I had the same issue. The problem is with the offline list. If you have many friends and on your chat window the offline users show up then you got a problem. If you see in the Messages plugin settings it also says its a bad idea to have the offline users list enabled for big sites (I think the issue is when you have more than about 200 friends). 

If chat and mailbox merged it will list all user on your site that was logic and the real problem is at there, now oxwall list only user when you have contact with. now i have 114 user offline ready to chat.

load is higher but acceptable and site loading fast, but still need some optimization server isn't cheap. im very glad with this improvement
The Forum post is edited by ben Jul 17 '14
Vasilis
Vasilis Jul 17 '14
Quote from ross Guys, mailbox plugin has been updated, please update it. The notification should appear in your admin panel within next 24 hours. 

Thanks ross. Problem solved. I guess before it was loading the whole list but now will only load in batches as you scroll down the users list. Nice job!
ben
ben Jul 17 '14
I think it's more better if

oxwall throwing away show all user option and only list online friends just like the old chat system because cpu load are still high

add the ability to delete all message option, deleting message one by one is really painful

and deleting user not erase their mail

old message high when activate and down when deactivated
The Forum post is edited by ben Jul 17 '14
bobbi
bobbi Jul 17 '14
is the plug in cpu resources still to high for shared servers, i have business class with arvixe and havent updated yet as i have been waiting for the cpu issues to be rectified
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Jul 17 '14
Jimmy
Jimmy Jul 17 '14

Hello

with the update nothing change for me not load messages

Help me 

Jimmy

ben
ben Jul 17 '14
download the new plugins and extract it into your message file and then update database
Ilja
Ilja Jul 17 '14
B, what do you mean, by "update database"
Pages: « 1 2 3 »