We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Admin panel loading slow after update | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joseph
Joseph Jul 8 '14
after updating the message plugin my admin panel is loading slow I had already performed auto update for the base and several other plugins
Natch
Natch Jul 8 '14
you are lucky your site is working.
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
Can you please provide us queries log or trace log, so we could find out the reason, because it works fine on our demo and test websites?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 9 '14
I figured it out it is because some genius programmed this plugin to default to show all members as on when installed I have a pretty huge site after finally getting settings page to load and and waiting for a while finally managed to turn that off and a warning next time would be awesome guys js also I noticed when I toggle the show all users off I assume it should show online users and it does not do that
Joseph
Joseph Jul 9 '14
still trying to get oxwall to release some kind of push service or chat server to handle ajaxim for larger sites that they still are ignoring I don't mean to give you guys so much grief its just when will Oxwall really start working for the people and not just their own ideas larger sites have long needed a solution
Joseph
Joseph Jul 9 '14
seems the entire site loads slow when this plugin is installed once I remove the plugin my site loads super fast so this is now like 2 years ago when AJAXIM first came out and killed our servers I have a big site low ad revenue I cant afford to have the development done personally and oxwall will just tell me to suggest it at uservoice and hope enough people have big enough sites to need it as well so I get vites its a system of hoops smh
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
Joseph, if you disable show all users in the settings it will show only your friends who are online. And we still need the query logs
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 9 '14
Joseph
Joseph Jul 9 '14
I did that already and I will get the query logs how do i do that with cpanel?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 9 '14
I am informed I cannot get the logs I host with arvixe and their shared servers dont offer this while on a higher shared plan they dont offer that unless you have a vps which I spent a lot of time in recent years keeping plugins that make my site slow off so I never needed the vps I just use amazon s3 for files and generally my sites stay pretty cheap to run even though I was once paying xitti 120-200 a month for my site I now only pay 30 a month a huge huge savings
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
The messages plugin now contains IM and mails, of course it became heavier as it is more complicated feature right now and consumes more server resources then before, let alone the fact that you have shared hosting with total 500 users and 10 users online. I believe anyone will tell you that shared account is no good when you have 10 users online. 

Anyway, if you provide us with access details to your server and website, we would like to test, what exactly is causing such a big load on the server. 

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 9 '14
Okay it seems everyone has the same issue, after i updated  my :

* Message Plugin
* Newsfeed

My site started becoming slow then it crashed, now i have no access to it i only see a white space, i tried enabling debug mode but i see nothing :(

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
No need to duplicate your posts Webster
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 9 '14
Sorry Ross
Joseph
Joseph Jul 9 '14
well Ross that is exactly the reason why its important that this particular feature be able to have its own server setup so it doesnt drag down our main servers like I pay cbox 14 dollars a month for chat service but if I hosted my own chats myself I would need a server that costs me hundreds a month I think Oxwall can see it needs an obvious fix I will inbox you my server details 
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jul 9 '14
I can't even click anything when I activate mail... Some kind of jquery interference/overlay. 
ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
Vladimir, please enable dev mode and refresh the website, then clear your website cache and try again. 

Also if you use some caching system also clear cache there. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 10 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
The update for mailbox is now in the store it should show up in your admin panel within next 24 hours. 
Joseph
Joseph Jul 10 '14
what changed will it be ok now to use on our larger sites?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 10 '14
Great work this fixed the issue sites loading great now
Pages: 1 2 »