We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

it very slows dont the website - Mailbox | Forum

Kostia
Kostia Jul 9 '14
it very slows dont the website even if i choose not show all members on chat. 
Hybrid
Hybrid Jul 10 '14
Try upgrading to a VPS if you are on a shared hosting plan.  It will help your site speed.

As for it being slow, it has to do with the IM chat (not the mailbox), but since these 2 plugins are now together it may still occur with your site being slow due to all the IM chat plugin needs to do to run.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a setting to disable chat in the settings of this plugin.  Try to disable that option and see if your site improves in speed.  If not, it may be due to other plugins you have running on your site (of which) hasn't been updated yet to accommodate the new version 1.7 of oxwall.

Hope that helps ;)

Kostia
Kostia Jul 10 '14

Quote from Hybrid82 Try upgrading to a VPS if you are on a shared hosting plan.  It will help your site speed.

As for it being slow, it has to do with the IM chat (not the mailbox), but since these 2 plugins are now together it may still occur with your site being slow due to all the IM chat plugin needs to do to run.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a setting to disable chat in the settings of this plugin.  Try to disable that option and see if your site improves in speed.  If not, it may be due to other plugins you have running on your site (of which) hasn't been updated yet to accommodate the new version 1.7 of oxwall.

Hope that helps ;)

thanks, i allready now thiese things :) my server is dedicated, then messages is of it takes 1-2 second to open next page, but if mailbox is on it takes 10-15s. I tried to turn off chat in settings, but doesnt helped. Ross told us Oxwall team now is working on optimizacion. So just need to wait:))  

Hybrid
Hybrid Jul 10 '14
Sounds good!
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Jul 17 '14
They just had an update of the messages plugin, STILL HORRIBLY SLOWS DOWN THE SITE. 

Wish they would test things before putting them out. I wish I never started the update to 1.7. 

Seems after 1.5, Oxwall has been putting out HORRIBLY DYSFUCTIONAL UPDATES!

Think I'll be checking out the cost of professional scripts. Too much carelessness and inconvenience in free Amateur scripts. tsk tsk tsk.

You do not have permission to reply this topic