We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Duplicate a Plugin | Forum

Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jul 9 '14
Hi guys its me again with another question,

I want to duplicate Event plugin to have 2 different kind of events running on my site, I changed the database tables in the install.php and in every dao file, also I change the "EVENTS","EVENT",Events","Event",events","event" words in all the files to Challenge (in all the formats), also I have changed the language texts to challenge instead of event.

Everytime I tried to install the plugin I got blank page and the language is not inserted in the database.

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 10 '14
Daniel, can you send me over your redesigned plugin?
Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jul 10 '14
Hi Aliia, 

Thank you very much for answering.

Here I send you the duplicate code.

Please, note that I have changed several things from the original event that currently are working in my site, in example I have added a code to read the event status and asign a text to each one (running,completed adn failed) as my site is for challenges.

Thanks again in advance.

Attachments:
  challenges.zip (125.35Kb)
Demo
Demo Jul 16 '14
i wanto do something like this. i want to add new entity in my forum called confession and trades. how to duplicate forum module  to achive my goal?

Norias
Norias Aug 10 '14
Just want to ask : is it possible to duplicate a plugin ?
Marcel
Marcel Dec 10 '14
Is it possible to duplicate a plugin ? and how?
would be nice and very Important 4 me. Thank you
Lucas
Lucas Jan 6 '15
i would like to do the same thing, duplicate blogs and groups
Jordi
Jordi Jan 8 '15
I want to duplicate events. 
Lucas
Lucas Jan 9 '15
thanks i will test it.
Jordi
Jordi Jan 9 '15
@Lucas did it work? 

i changed event to speeddate but i didnt work. I changed all

and i dit a manual upload... that did crash my site.

Someone want to make the duplicate for me?

The Forum post is edited by Jordi Jan 9 '15
Leontiuc Marius
Leontiuc Marius Mar 10 '15
i duplicated groups. Problem: not appear in admin - role

I setup manualy sql columns,..., no have role control: You can't view this page due to limited permissions. Please Login or Submit to view this page - See more at: http://europlan.ro/movierolls#sthash.s8xDgoZd.eHGshyuN.dpuf

The Forum post is edited by Leontiuc Marius Mar 10 '15
IamWET
IamWET Mar 11 '15
anyone, wants to share how to duplicate a blog plugin? I need 2 blog plugins in my site. Thanks

Pls. just PM me, if you can't share it here. Thanks

The Forum post is edited by IamWET Mar 11 '15
Lucas
Lucas Mar 12 '15
IDEM for me.
Jordi
Jordi Mar 12 '15
i also want this
IamWET
IamWET Mar 12 '15
pls. share to us the procedure on how to duplicate a plugin with different link like for example "http://mysite.com/blog" to "http://mysite.com/secondblog". Need it asap. Thanks
IamWET
IamWET Mar 12 '15

Quote from WebFid Solutions *Make sure you have debug mode on in order to detect any errors and edit the plugin further to suit what you want.
How to on debug mode? thanks
IamWET
IamWET Mar 13 '15

Quote from WebFid Solutions go to ow_includes/config.php on the last part of that code,put debug mode on true. Please do these things on your test server. Dont do it on your live site
thanks, but is the procedure tested already? did you already duplicate a plugin using this steps? thanks
IamWET
IamWET Mar 13 '15
I am trying to duplicate the blog plugin but I get a lot of error.
IamWET
IamWET Mar 13 '15
If you have a duplicated blog and forum plugin, can you share it please, the one that I can easily install it in my site without problems. Thanks
Pages: 1 2 »