We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Prblem with my photo plugin after updating to 1.7 | Forum

Scott
Scott Jul 9 '14
I just updated to Oxwall 1.7 and problem I've noticed so far is that my photos are no longer being displayed in expanded mode. Normally, when you click on a picture it's supposed to expand for a larger view but that's no longer happening. I can only see the thumbnails. I've tried re-uploading the plugin but it doesn't work. I even returned the plugin to the earlier version but the problem persists. So I don't think the problem is with the plugin itself. What can I do?
Scott
Scott Jul 9 '14
After re-uploading the plugin one more time, the photos are showing properly now but i can't access the photos page from the entry on the main menu and uploading a picture is totally non-responsive
The Forum post is edited by Scott Jul 9 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
Scott, please switch to the default theme if it is not. Make sure that theme is updated. Enable debug mode, paste the errors here if you get any, so we could assist you further. 

If none of this works, please share your URL

Scott
Scott Jul 10 '14
I updated the theme, didn't work, changed it back to the default theme, still didn't work. It's just that thin line that shows when trying to upload a picture (as if the upload page is loading, but it never does.) I enabled Debug mode and I don't see any errors anywhere (not sure where they are supposed to show up thought) My url is www.livewiremagazine.net
ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
Can you enable dev mode refresh the website and clear the cache of the browser?
Pete
Pete Jul 10 '14
I thought mine was fixed but still having small problem,I can click on new album and upload photos  ,then when I refresh page I click on only upload photo It's just that thin line that shows ,if I click to edit album and save then it works again until I refresh page again .
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 10 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
Guys, within next 24 hours there should be an update notification of the photo plugin, please update it. The developer updated it and included some fixes. 
Scott
Scott Jul 10 '14
I just saw a message in debug mode!

Message:Declaration of SEARCH_CMP_IndexWidget::processSettingList() should be compatible with BASE_CLASS_Widget::processSettingList($settingList, $place, $isAdmin)File:/home/livewir1/public_html/ow_plugins/search/components/index_widget.phpLine:119
Scott
Scott Jul 10 '14
What am I supposed to do with the debug message because enabling dev mode and clearing the cache of the browser hasn't solved the problem yet.
Scott
Scott Jul 10 '14
I guess that problem is totally separate to the one in question. I think I'd just revert to the older version of oxwall I had
Scott
Scott Jul 10 '14
Please let us know when the update is available
Pete
Pete Jul 10 '14
Thanks Ross
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Guys, have you updated the photo plugin. Do you still have the same error? Make sure you test it on default and updated theme. 
Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14

I have update mine and cleared catch but my problem is still the same ,when I click on upload photos ,all I get is a tiny thin bar

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 11 '14
Attachments:
  Untitledfewfew.png (442.14Kb)
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
can you check it on default theme?
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 11 '14
Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14
 I well try it on default
Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14
Still the same on default theme,tried it also using Opera browser but still same problem in this browser Has  IE browser
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Pete, can you please enable dev mode and refresh website? if the problem persists, please PM your admin details and FTP. thanks
Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14
I well just leave it, I have set it only for admin ,every time I want to add some photos I well make a new album,this is the only way that I can do it ,but its better than nothing . 
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
It's up to you Pete, but I would like to assist you with that if you PM me access details.