We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Afer Update to 1.7 General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations | Forum

pikar
pikar Jul 10 '14
Hi guys,

after the update from 1.6 to 1.7 I have reported lose access to the front end as soon as I as a user einlogge following error message comes on picture 1 see me,

Message: SQLSTATE [HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci, IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci, IMPLICIT) for operation '='

have seen in the database then, have only one collations eionstellung splashing around, as visible on image, where is the error?

did the update manually, and the Plugins Automatically

the admin area works normally.

but also has brought nothing've already removed the plugin event.

where is the error here?
Attachments:
  Fehler.JPG (147.27Kb)
  fehler 2.JPG (160.82Kb)
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Can you provide us access details to your phpmyadmin? as it is hard to say right now what's causing this. 
pikar
pikar Jul 11 '14
Hi,

The following can I read on the home page of phpMyAdmin interface ....

Datenbank-Server

• Server: localhost (Localhost via UNIX socket)
  • Software: MySQL
  • Software-Version: 5.1.73-1 - (Debian)
  • Protokoll-Version: 10
  • Benutzer: *******@localhost
  • Server Zeichensatz: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14

The problem is in your database.
 Oxwall usually detects which collation is used in the database and uses the correct one, but if not all tables have the same collation (such as in your case), the system gets confused.

Try repairing your DB

ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Can you provide us access details to your phpmyadmin in PM? No need to repair
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 11 '14
Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14
utf8_general_ci, IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,  Is it not the best way Ross just to repair the db when this happens ,or you well have to edit the table  to clear this mismatch of utf8_general_ci, IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci, if it were me I would just run a repair on the DB .Anyway Ross rather you sorting it out than me lol
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 11 '14
pikar
pikar Jul 11 '14

So reparir nothing has brought himself errors as before.

ok ross I send the data via pm

Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14

I am sorry if repair did not work ,sometimes repair does work ,in many cases .Just go through each database table and make sure they or all  utf8_general_ci if any dif just click on table and edit to  utf8_general_ci

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 11 '14
Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14
Anyway I am sure Ross well sort it for you .
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Pikar, you problem is fixed, in the future you need to make sure that the collation for the Mysql database is utf8_general_ci for all tables and rows
pikar
pikar Jul 11 '14
ok thanks, but where was the problem?
and how they solved it? So what they have done in the database and how?

I have, in another installation the same problem
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
read my reply here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21456?page=1#post-99892

in your case collation does not conflict between themselves I have latin_swedich which does not as well. 

pikar
pikar Jul 11 '14

ok yes so I have never done that, but all the tables and asked to utf8_general_ci, then to repair only the error is at the other installation still there,

Have you given yet done anything differently

Quote from ross read my reply here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21456?page=1#post-99892

in your case collation does not conflict between themselves I have latin_swedich which does not as well. 

ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
No nothing differently, PM me your other database access details, domain and I'll take a look
pikar
pikar Jul 11 '14
ok ross I send the data via pm
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Check ow_base_question_to_account_type structure it has unicode_ci