We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

after update can anyone help please [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
bobby
bobby Jul 13 '14
my host says it set to off in my init.php file
Pete
Pete Jul 13 '14

It say different on your server

http://www.socialenjoy.com/install

how can it be off when its saying its on on your server and stopping you doing your setup

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 13 '14
Pete
Pete Jul 13 '14

The php.ini file, whether new or existing, and wherever it is, needs to contain the line:

register_globals = off

Second, you need to add lines to your .htaccess file to tell PHP where to find your applicable php.ini file. and allow it

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 13 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
internal server error, you need to contact your hosting provider to resolve the issue

as to the missing values, can you check the translation value for the label you made? what do you have there? as to the collation, some row is still in unicode that's for sure. If you pm me your phpmyadmin details, I'll take look which one. 

UTAN
UTAN Jul 19 '14
I am trying in my testbed, and I have the same error..

any fix , since my testbed is linux and its a vmware machine.?
ross Team
ross Jul 20 '14
you need to locate a table which has different collation rather than utf8_general_ci, open it, then click on the Structure, you will see the third row for that table named Collation you will need to change it. Click on each row Change button and choose the utf8_general_ci collation in the drop down menu then save.
bobby
bobby Jul 21 '14
fixed on my site now all good
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Thanks bobby, I'm going to mark this thread as Solved
bobby
bobby Jul 24 '14
thanks for all your help
Pages: « 1 2