We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall 1.7 404 Error (SOLVED) | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 10 '14
Hi All,

I managed to update my Oxwall site http://www.myvirgo.info for the 2nd time and all its plugins but now the issue is when i go to my home http://www.myvirgo.info

i get 404 Error even profile pages :( but any other page all is well.....

----

404 - Not Found The page you are trying to access does not exist.
If this error persists, please contact the website webmaster. If you are the webmaster of this site make sure that:

• You have uploaded correctly your files to the public_html directory which is the web-root of your account;
  • You have not misspelled the URL. Bear in mind that letters are case sensitive and no white spaces are recommended;
  • In case you have applied SEO - SEF URL rewriting rules, make sure you have re-named the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess. If there is already a non-empty .htaccess file read it and make sure the necessary rules are un-commented.

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jul 11 '14
Pete
Pete Jul 10 '14
have you updated your theme ?
Pete
Pete Jul 10 '14

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested.

The web site hosting server will typically generate a "404 Not Found" web page when a user attempts to follow a broken or dead link; hence the 404 error is one of the most recognizable errors users can find on the web.

A 404 error should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all. A 404 error indicates that the requested resource may be available again in the future; however, the fact does not guarantee the same content.

ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
Webster, I still cannot enter your website as you provided me with incorrect admin details, can you try to install groups plugin?
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 11 '14
Hi Pete,

I tried to install / update my Oxwall origin theme but i keep getting the message that my theme is current or rather the same build but when i update anyway i get a 504 Gateway Error.

Quote from Pete

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested.

The web site hosting server will typically generate a "404 Not Found" web page when a user attempts to follow a broken or dead link; hence the 404 error is one of the most recognizable errors users can find on the web.

A 404 error should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all. A 404 error indicates that the requested resource may be available again in the future; however, the fact does not guarantee the same content.

Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross

did you manage to log in as i see my Dev_ Mode is activated ?
Quote from ross Webster, I still cannot enter your website as you provided me with incorrect admin details, can you try to install groups plugin?

ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
Webster, I still cannot enter your website as you provided me with incorrect admin details
Webster Molaudi
Check inbox Ross
Pete
Pete Jul 11 '14

Try clearing your web browser catch first and then try ,if no luck I would contact your webhost if its not your web browser ,504 Gateway Error,This problem is entirely due to slow IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including the Web server. Only the people who set up the network at the site which hosts the Web server can fix this problem.

Webster Molaudi
Thanks Pete :)
Quote from Pete

Try clearing your web browser catch first and then try ,if no luck I would contact your webhost if its not your web browser ,504 Gateway Error,This problem is entirely due to slow IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including the Web server. Only the people who set up the network at the site which hosts the Web server can fix this problem.