We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blacked Out Screen When Sending Private Messages | Forum

Mark
Mark Oct 3 '11
i ust have smething wrong wen i click on send private message te screen blacks out and nothing happens
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 5 '11
run your oxwall in PHP-Mailer or SMTP status ?
Den Team
Den Oct 5 '11
Any screenshots please?
Den Team
Den Oct 5 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Mark
Mark Oct 11 '11
the screen just blacks out and now when i try to edit html blocks when custamizing, which it worked for days fine and now blacking out, once i click the screen it goes away. How do i run php-mailer or smtp status?
Mark
Mark Oct 11 '11
the blacked out screen look it does when i try to message, give gift or edit html blocks
Den Team
Den Oct 12 '11
It seems you have some JS errors on your site. Open you site with Firefox and enabled Firebug console. Try to send message again. Will you see any JS error in Firebug console?
Mark
Mark Oct 13 '11
error console gives me too many errors to list, lol and im not sure where to find firebug console, i did click on some console that showed me a bunch of errors, :( Now what?  
Den Team
Den Oct 13 '11
Would you list these error here? Attache it as a file.
Victor
Victor Nov 12 '11
Hi Addenster
I have the same problem. I reinstalled the mailbox plugin. Firebug shows error at Username (line658).
Firebug shows window with this string selected:
<div id="floatbox_overlay" class="floatbox_overlayBG"></div>
Console shows the following:
Firebug's log limit has been reached. 30823 entries not shown.
$(this).htmlarea is not a function$('#input_40018220').get(0...t","unorderedlist"],"size":170} );}; 
Please help.
The Forum post is edited by Victor Nov 12 '11
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 14 '11
Mark and Victor, did you perform any code changes (especially JavaScript) recently? If so, consider about reverting those changes back and check for the issue again.

Sometimes even minor code changes can cause issues like this so it is always a good practice to revert changes back once something goes wrong.
Victor
Victor Nov 14 '11
Quote from aka_le_Mulder Mark and Victor, did you perform any code changes (especially JavaScript) recently? If so, consider about reverting those changes back and check for the issue again.

Sometimes even minor code changes can cause issues like this so it is always a good practice to revert changes back once something goes wrong.

Dear 
aka_le_Mulder aka David Duchovny, I did not change anything! Please tell me how I can troubleshoot the issue.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 15 '11
The best way to troubleshoot the issue is enabling a Firebug addon in your browser. It works best in Mozilla Firefox. You should enable Console tab in Firebug and reload the page where you face this issue. If there are any JS errors (and I believe there are) you would see a red circle with a white cross in the right bottom corner of the browser (usually it has number of errors displayed on the left). Click on the circle and it should display the error to you. Make a screenshot and post it here, hope we will be able to find a solution then.
Victor
Victor Nov 26 '11

200 OK716msHeadersPostResponseHTMLJSON{error: "too much requests"}POST http://www.yuppielab.ru/ajaxim/action/bind/200 OK752msHeadersPostResponseHTMLJSON{error: "too much requests"}POST http://www.yuppielab.ru/ajaxim/action/bind/200 OK718msHeadersPostResponseHTMLJSON{error: "too much requests"}
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 27 '11
Was there a similar issue with this early on.  Seemed a theme and core update sorted it?

Just throwing it in here as it sort of rings a bell...
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 28 '11
Victor, what about a screenshot? Can you send it to me?
BTW, what version of Oxwall are you currently using?
Victor
Victor Dec 2 '11
This is what I see when I click "Send private message". And it goes no further. The only outcome is to cancel it.

Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 6 '11
Can you share your site URL? Or send me it via PM so that I could check into the issue.
Mark
Mark Dec 7 '11

mine is here: http://uploadnudepictures.com/my-profile

then when I say click "change role" cuz i disabled the other things it goes black, I tried getting the firebug but nothing seems to happen when I face this black screen. Id be willing to pay someone to get this fixed for me along with the chat, it worked for a day or so then stopped, but in admin it shows people online so im little puzzled, maybe a cron thing,

Mark
Mark Dec 7 '11

Quote from FaceTester
run your oxwall in PHP-Mailer or SMTP status ?

php-mailer

Pages: 1 2 »