We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video? - Ultimate News 1.01 | Forum

Erick Mori
Erick Mori Jul 11 '14
Hello,
I just bought this plugin today and I seem to be having troubles with pulling media feeds.

The rss feeds I am pulling from has youtube videos in their articles.

How can we get the videos to show up in the news? I even tried using embed codes into the edit news, but that does not work also.

Thanks,
Erick
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 3 '14

@Erick: just a question for you as a user (I didn't buy yet but I am interested): does the plugin at least pull embedded images or not even that?

On the first screenshot I see images, are they the ones defined by the admin/user or are they pulled with the article and content?

Thank you for your help...

Erick Mori
Erick Mori Aug 3 '14
@Martin: the plugin does not work with 1.7.

Here is their response from my ticket:

Thanks for the information, let us check and get back to you shortly. FYI, OxWall 1.7 has just been released - http://blog.oxwall.org/2014/07/oxwall-1-7-release and our plugins were developed for OxWall 1.6.x, therefore, they might not work properly on 1.7 for now.
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 3 '14

I still run Oxwall 1.6. Did you try it on 1.6 and did it pull images and videos then? I saw there is a similar plugin "News pro" from aron for only 12$ but that developer and his plugins have no good reputation, thought that particular plugin has some good reviews... I really don'tknow what to buy. I don't want to waste any money...

Erick Mori
Erick Mori Aug 4 '14
I have not tried with 1.6.... Take a real close look at the demo, it does not function properly on their sample site. I wish I did more research before buying. Lost money on this plugin!
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 4 '14
well, I just bought it and I am quite happy. Only downside is that my own sidebar disappeared on some of the plugins pages - but not all. Otherwise the news are well displayed. It is really cool
YouNetCo
YouNetCo Aug 5 '14
Erick Mori,

We are not sure what features are not working well on our Demo Page, kindly forward to support@younetco.com since for unknown reason, we could not get notification from OxWall site.

FYI, our Demo Site is 1.7

Regards,

YouNet

Erick Mori
Erick Mori Aug 5 '14
I already have support ticket with you that you closed with NO resolution! The plugin is still installed on my site with no upgrade! The last response I received from you telling me that it is not compatible with 1.7!

Tue, Jul 15 2014 7:13am - Bao Tran Q. Erick M,

Thanks for the information, let us check and get back to you shortly. FYI, OxWall 1.7 has just been released - http://blog.oxwall.org/2014/07/oxwall-1-7-release and our plugins were developed for OxWall 1.6.x, therefore, they might not work properly on 1.7 for now.

Regards,
Bao Tran
YouNetCo
YouNetCo Aug 6 '14
Erick Mori,

Our Ticket System will auto close the ticket within 7 days if there is no reply from clients. By the time of the response, we had not finished our testing with OxWall 1.7, therefore, we were not sure about this. For now, we are sure that our products work fine with 1.7.

If you need more help from us, just simply reply the email or reopen the ticket, then our Support Staff could be noticed.

Regards,

YouNet

You do not have permission to reply this topic