We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changing Text Colors | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Don Page
Don Page Jul 12 '14

Hi;

I can't find the controls for these in the CSS, I'm using the default theme, origin. I want to change the color of the dark grey text in the news-feed box. 

Is there a guide to the theme's css available?

Thanks 

Don

Attachments:
  Ox2.PNG (92.32Kb)
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Jul 12 '14

Image attachment didn't show anything to do w/Newsfeed, it showed the User Profile data section.

div.user_profile_data table.ow_table_3.ow_nomargin tbody tr td.ow_value {

color: orange}

The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Jul 12 '14
Don Page
Don Page Jul 24 '14
Krunch:

Thanks for the reply, but I can't find that anywhere!  I assume it would be in the origin/base.css, bad assumption?

Thanks

Don

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Jul 26 '14

Quote from Don Page Krunch:

Thanks for the reply, but I can't find that anywhere!  I assume it would be in the origin/base.css, bad assumption?

Thanks

Don

Always a good idea to change/Customize your Css via your-site.net/admin/theme/css
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Jul 26 '14
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Jul 26 '14
Very busy recently w/School study's, sorry it took so long to reply...
Don Page
Don Page Aug 28 '14
Hey Krunch;

The shade of gray I'm changing appears all over the site, I'm using a textured background and the colors are to similar so I need to change them all!  (http://heretomeet.com/oxwall/index)

I'm getting the impression they aren't all controlled from the base.css file, is that a correct statement?

How can I make a global change?

Is there any documentation on the Origin Theme, so I can stop bugging you?

Thanks

Don

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Aug 29 '14
Your not bugging me, tiss what this forum is all about really.

Whenever using an image at background it's wise to make your box's as either a solid color or dark transparent so as all text w/In them can easily be read by your members.

Also I'd like to add that your background image is set to repeat, not a good idea unless your using a tiled image--->

solution
:
.ow_page_wrap {
background: url("/oxwall/ow_userfiles/themes/theme_image_24.jpg") no-repeat fixed 50% 50% / cover #444}

Widgets look better and have proper padding etc when they are set/Ticked as "Wrap in box" also this assigns a background color, if you don't favor a solid background widget color you can then move onto recoding them for transparency which always looks sharp, I took note that your utilizing the Origin theme the Origin theme...
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Sep 9 '14
Don Page
Don Page Sep 4 '14
Hi Krunch;

I was trying to figure out how to stop the repeating background, your string worked perfect!

I couldn't reach your test site, what's the full url??

You said widgets look better when they are set as "wrap in box", you went right over my head on that one!  Where do I do this setting and ticking of which you speak?

Thanks, again

Don

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 5 '14
That was the full url, I took it down for now, have other plans w/It soon.

Per widget as follows:

Don Page
Don Page Sep 7 '14
Hi Krunch;

I can't find the page shown.

Under Settings I have; "Main", "User" and "SMTP".

Under Plugins I have; "Installed", Available" and "New".

I dug down into each sub-menu and couldn't find the page shown, look all over the place and couldn't find it!  Thought maybe it was only in Version 1.7.1 so I did an update, still no dice!

Thanks

Don

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 7 '14
This is widgets, known bettet as ow_box.

Don Page
Don Page Sep 8 '14
Sorry if I'm being thick here, but I don't know where the widgets are.

I don't see anything like the screen-shot above, anywhere.

Thanks

Don

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 9 '14

Don Page
Don Page Sep 9 '14
Krunch;

Now I get it!  

The problem is I'm way dumber than you think!  

I didn't realize the Customize Button was an admin only thing, I don't think I ever even clicked it before! I looked all over the Admin pages for those stupid little gears, it never occurred to me that they would be visible on the normal pages, to the admin.  Even with the screenshot it took me a while to sus it out.

Now all you said before clicks neatly into place and I things are nearly perfect.

On my Dashboard the Welcome and Newsfeed sections aren't wrapped up in a pretty box like everything else.  The Newsfeed section itself is fine, it's just the preview on the Dashboard that is un-wrapped.  How can I wrap them? (See Attached Dashboard.png)

Also all my Plug-ins remain un-wrapped, even the ones that come pre-packed with OxWall. 

Links

Events

Video

Shop Pro (3rd Party) Doubt you can help with this one!

(See Attached Links.png)

Many Thanks

Don

Attachments:
  Links.PNG (816Kb)
  Dashboard.PNG (970Kb)
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 9 '14

Have to add a transparency or color to ow_content,,,
Example:

.ow_content {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(235, 236, 238, 0.8)}

The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Sep 10 '14
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
In as little as an hour, you can then get back on the road and continue to cruise for that vacation, meeting, or job that you were on your way to. SF Dry Rot
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We can fix shocks, struts, springs, torque rods, leaf springs, u-bolts, and more. Walnut Creek Mobile Truck Repair
Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

After study a handful of the blog posts in your site now, we truly appreciate your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will also be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my site also and tell me how you feel.

shillong teer result

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

Thank you for your site post. Velupe and I happen to be saving for just a new book on this subject and your article has made us all to save  money. Your opinions really responded all our issues. In fact, above what we had thought of ahead of the time we came across your great blog. I no longer nurture doubts including a troubled mind because you totally attended to each of our needs here. Thanks

Cash for Cars Brisbane

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

My wife and i got so thrilled that Albert could do his researching via the precious recommendations he had out of your blog. It is now and again perplexing just to always be making a gift of techniques that many the others could have been selling. And we all fully grasp we need the writer to give thanks to for that. All of the explanations you’ve made, the simple blog navigation, the friendships you aid to foster – it’s got everything spectacular, and it’s helping our son in addition to the family know that that subject is satisfying, which is certainly extremely fundamental. Thanks for everything!

tải app sv66

Pages: 1 2 »