We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sharing 1.7 - Social media sharing | Forum

Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 13 '14
Can you guys please make the social share button for 1.7 where it works when site is open or closed to guest. In 1.6 version site has to be open which makes no sense. Plugin needs to work no matter what.
Elvis
Elvis Jul 22 '14
agreed with that,no sense at all,plz fix that thank you
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 22 '14
do you have any information on when theyre gonna fix this.
Elvis
Elvis Jul 29 '14
no idea and no reply's to this either :/
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jul 29 '14
Yea. Im not happy.
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 3 '14
please be patient oxwall is do the best they can 
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 13 '14
Guys, why do you need social sharing if your website is closed for guests?
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 13 '14
who said my site is closed ??
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Aug 13 '14
Because everyone should be able to share content no matter if youre a guest or registered. Its pretty logical. Sharing is sharing. Sharing = Traffic so why would you make it where only guest can. Personally i want people to register not see my whole whole site without registering.
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 13 '14
It has to work that way if the thing that's shared is not public it's like share a broken link
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 14 '14
Guys, but your logic conflicts with your own logic. You want your site to be private, you want the content to be private and be for members only, which you, I believe, have indicated in your Terms of Use. However, at the same time, you want to share the content.

In this case, what can prevent a guest to register at your website, share the private content and never log in again? Does not make sense at all.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Aug 14 '14
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Aug 14 '14
Sites not to be private. Just closed off untill you register.
Omari
Omari Aug 20 '14
whats up guys..... I'll add my two cents... I thought of this problem early in the day when I used "add this" social sharing buttons before this plugin was developed. (I just inserted the html code into the plugin files and put the script in the page settings footer.)

If your entire site is closed off to registered members only ....it mean social sharing services like facebook and twitter cannot parse or scrape your site for information. These services act like guests, trying to extract this information. There isn't much Oxwall can do about that.

What you want to do here is control different parts of your site via user roles.

Things like forums and blogs you will want unlocked and viewable by guests because they can draw search engine traffic.

Things like photos and the newsfeed you can restrict to only registered members...

My guess is that you want members to sign up to your site before they can see anything: So the first page you want them to see is the "sign in page" http://yousite.com/sign-in

To do this you need to make your first menu item the dashboard.

That way users will get directed to the sign in form whenever they visit your site.

If after they login you wan them to go to a specific page like you main page then use a plugin called login redirect so when they sign in it goes to a specific page.

The Forum post is edited by Omari Aug 20 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 1 '14
Make a suggestion on uservoice
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Oct 31 '14
merhaba 1.7.1 sürüm güncelleme
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Oct 31 '14
hi 1.7.1 version update
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 3 '14
Serkan, what is your request? Please elaborate. I don't understand you at all.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Nov 5 '14
cron open spends much ram

suspend web site host

incorrect return address too is experiencing

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 5 '14
Serkan, what does it have to do with social share plugin?
You do not have permission to reply this topic