We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Uploading to existing album creates a new album 1.7 | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Jul 13 '14
when i select to add a photo to an existing album it creates a whole new album with the same name as the existing one
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
can you please provide screenshot of those 2 albums, because we cannot reproduce that on demo or our test websites?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 14 '14
I can in private the content of our site may not be appropriate for public viewing
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Please, admin details would be good as well. 
Seyed
Seyed Jun 5 '16

Hi Ross,

I am experiencing the same problem. That is, when I upload a photo to a new album that's fine. But when I want to upload a photo to an existing album, I can't because it does not show in the drop down list of existing albums; it only allows me to create a new album for that,

So, may I ask how you solved the issue? Thanks very much.

Seyed
Seyed Jun 5 '16

Is it because I cannot add photo to an album created by someone else?

If this is the case, can we change the settings so it becomes possible to ass photo to any album?

dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '16
When you upload, on that box where you can drag photos, look under that, there is a drop down that shows the albums. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 5 '16
ross Team
ross Jun 6 '16
Any user can upload photos to his own albums only, even admin. TO change this behavior is considered as a custom code modification. 
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Jun 11 '16

I can not upload images to existing albums

I stopped all third party add-ons

the problem continues

mod_sec open

I click Add Photo

Drag and drop the endless pop-up screen turns

I can create albums

I can not add images to your old albums

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Türkiye Jun 11 '16
ross Team