We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The header_bg? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Maria
Maria Oct 5 '11
Hello :-)I downloaded the Spring theme and it is very nice, but the flowers at the top is to feminine for my use, so I was wondering if I could change the header_bg in any way? If so, how?Thanks for reply in advance :-)
Joe
Joe Oct 5 '11
The easiest way... however, if you update the theme you will lose the image...
- In Photoshop or other software create your new image at 1000px w x 405px h
- Save it as header_bg.jpg
- Upload it to your ow_themes/spring/images/ folder and also
  your ow_static/themes/spring/images/ folder ...overwriting the existing files.

That's it.

Or... if you want to make sure you don't lose it on upgrading...

- Save the file as header_bg-2.jpg
- Upload it to your ow_themes/spring/images/ folder and also
  your ow_static/themes/spring/images/ folder
- Now, go to admin >cutomize theme >edit css
- In the custom css, copy and paste this:

.ow_header .ow_canvas{
    background-image:url(images/header_bg-2.jpg);
}

Now, if you want to change the size of the image you'll have to do some additional editing but 1000px x 405px is the size of the current image.

Hope this helps
The Forum post is edited by Joe Oct 5 '11
Azia Underwood
Azia Underwood Oct 5 '11
When using the spring theme you must remember that you need an image that is the exact size of the header that is already there. If you don't you would have to edit the CSS for the height as well.

The best way to do it is to edit the CSS inside the admin panel because just replacing the image will lead to it being deleted during any upgrade.

This is the line that you want to edit

.ow_header {
    backgroundurl("images/page-bg.jpg") repeat-x scroll left bottom #F1F1F1;
    height405px;
}

The size of the current image is 1000x405, you can make the image smaller or even bigger if you like; if that is the case you must change the value of height in the CSS tag from 405 to whatever the height is of your image (and if you make it wider just add a width style into it).

You can upload your image inside the admin panel under Appearances → Graphics. Copy the link to the image and paste it inside the CSS code.
Maria
Maria Oct 6 '11
Thank you both :-)I used to be a designer/skinner for Invision Powerboard a few years ago, but as I havent "updated myself" since then and it is sometimes hard to remember some of these things.. Anyways, I considered the size, and everything is correct, I have uploaded the new image to ow_themes/spring/images/ folder, but for some reason it converts to a wordpad-file, this is new to me and I dont understand why, then I tried to upload the image to ow_static/themes/spring/images/ folder, but I can't get access to that, and the spring folder wont allow me to CHMOD it to 777 either, I used to know how to get around that in Smart FTP, but now I can't remember... So all in all I am stuck...Note..  If I even try to copy the CSS and put it in the edit-form in Admin it changes the design on the board making it "lopsided" or should I say it gets pushed to the left...At the end I cannot get that header_bg altered...
The Forum post is edited by Maria Oct 6 '11
Maria
Maria Oct 6 '11
Okay, now I fixed it :-D  I deleted the skin from FTP, then I went in to the skin/image-folder before I uploaded and I changed the image there, then I uploaded the skin and of course the new image that I wanted was in there istead of the old, and I got my header in place like I wanted to ;-DYeeeey :-D
Michelle
Michelle Jan 5 '12

I as well have a custom header I would like to use. I am using the Aayakabu fine blue theme, does anyone know if you can use a custom header with this?

James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We offer engine diagnostics and full repair services, transmission repair and service, brake repair and service, electrical system repair, suspension service, reefer units, farm and city equipment repair, and more. Janesville On-Site Truck Repair
Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

Nice post. I find out some thing tougher on different blogs everyday. Most commonly it is stimulating you just read content off their writers and use a little at their store. I’d would prefer to apply certain using the content in my small weblog no matter whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link with your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.

shillong teer result

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done a great job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Firefox. Outstanding Blog!

Cash for Cars Brisbane

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

Why It Must be Panama for Dental Surgery? The factors for obtaining your dental surgical procedure accomplished in Panama are numerous, like: Most of your training dental  surgeons in Panama speak English Panama has exceptional arrangements for diagnosing, screening and providers. There is no shortage of USA-trained doctors It  costs far less to have your surgery carried out in Panama than in US or any other Western nation US dollar can be utilized And above all, your postoperative care is  complimented by a visit on the pure beaches and pure forests of Panama.

tải app sv66

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

I am glad you take pride in what you write.  This makes you stand way out from many other writers that push poorly written content.

ufa98

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me.

ufa789

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks.

sbobet777

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø
This is amazing…Actually I can’t consider attractive ladies jogging with regard to us president is that this awesome. I mean actually, We awaken for this and yes it is better than the particular best parts within information! Đăng ký 69vn
Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø
Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks! https://hay88.bid/
REHMAN
REHMAN Jan 19
Wow that was really interesting, altought i would add few more deeper thoughts https://4twbet.vip/
james
james Jan 31
Fantastic job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep heading because you surely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you. https://hi88.cx/
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 7
My wife and i got quite relieved that Louis could finish up his investigation with the precious recommendations he gained using your weblog. It is now and again perplexing to just find yourself giving for free instructions some people might have been selling. And we all already know we need the writer to be grateful to for this. The entire illustrations you’ve made, the straightforward website menu, the relationships you aid to instill – it is everything incredible, and it’s making our son and our family reason why this theme is excellent, which is exceedingly mandatory. Many thanks for all! lodeonline
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 8
when i am watching action movies, i really love to see bruce willis in it; ANIMALE MALE ENHACEMENT
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 8
Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What a great site. CÓDIGOS LUCRATIVOS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »