We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unauthorized User | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kendrick Celestine
Kendrick Celestine Jul 16 '14
What is the best way to stop a person from registering to your site?  we are receiving tons of people registering with website addresses as their usernames and all they are doing is trying to advertise their business.  That is something we do not want as a regular member.  I will delete their account and they continue to come back.  How can I eliminate this from happening or is there a way to charge them without charging someone who just wants to be a regular member of the site.  Please help.
ross Team
ross Jul 16 '14
in this case you use mandatory approve of the users
Kendrick Celestine
Kendrick Celestine Jul 17 '14
Thank you.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 17 '14
try the smart captcha plugin spam bots find your site from the oxwall link and they know the default captcha codes 

with smart captcha set up you can turn mandatory prove and just have email verify 
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Jul 17 '14
Michael
Michael Jul 17 '14
The problem is people like "Matt Cullen" have created a link building software called "Link Beast" one of its current features is it has the ability to create users on oxwall social networks and post links/spam to that social network.

I'm sure hes not the first person to have done this though