We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo plugin failed to work [Solved] | Forum

ross Team
ross Sep 1 '14
Great!
Rajibul Hasan
Rajibul Hasan Mar 3 '15
Hi ross, I'm having the same issue as chris .. I've asked my hosting provider to disable the MOD_SECURITY, they have replied its completely off. But that didn't solve the problem. Need help if you can. Thanks in advance.
Quote from ross We asked to disable mod_security module completely, because we do not provide instructions on server configuration. However server techs should be able to disable some settings of the mod_security module in order to make the feature work on the website and still have the module ON. 

ross Team
ross Mar 3 '15
Have you made any modifications in the htaccess file?
Rajibul Hasan
Rajibul Hasan Mar 4 '15
Hi ross, No. I tried changing it.. but no effect.. so, I've restored the original one. But still its nothing other than this showing on the screenshot attached.
Quote from ross Have you made any modifications in the htaccess file?

ross Team
ross Mar 4 '15
what are the permissions set on these folders:

ow_pluginfilesow_userfiles,ow_static,ow_smarty/template_c ?

Rajibul Hasan
Rajibul Hasan Mar 4 '15
ow_pluginfiles -> 777

ow_userfiles -> 777

ow_static -> 777

ow_smarty/template_c  -> 777

FYI, I've added the screenshot of the error that I'm getting in the console.

Quote from ross ow_pluginfilesow_userfiles,ow_static,ow_smarty/template_c

ross Team
ross Mar 4 '15
as you can see there's 403 forbidden status, which means there's still some security module enabled on your server, contact your hosting provider support team to resolve the issue. 
Rajibul Hasan
Rajibul Hasan Mar 4 '15
as the hosting saying that they have disabled the mod_security, is there anything else specifically they need to disable, like SecFilterScanPOST?
Quote from ross as you can see there's 403 forbidden status, which means there's still some security module enabled on your server, contact your hosting provider support team to resolve the issue. 

ross Team
ross Mar 4 '15
Unfortunately, I can't tell you for sure. There's something related to the security which is why you have this error and they need to disable it. Sometimes they say they disabled it but they don't. 

You can check your phpinfo for mod_security module to make sure. 

Rajibul Hasan
Rajibul Hasan Mar 4 '15
Hi ross, this is the phpinfo for our server.. unfortunately I have no idea which one to look at to be sure.. http://go360.com.my/phpinfo.php ;

:(
Quote from ross Unfortunately, I can't tell you for sure. There's something related to the security which is why you have this error and they need to disable it. Sometimes they say they disabled it but they don't. 

You can check your phpinfo for mod_security module to make sure. 

ross Team
ross Mar 4 '15
I'm sorry but all I see is 500 internal server errror. You should look for mod_security
Rajibul Hasan
Rajibul Hasan Mar 5 '15
You are right, they've wrote me two times that they have disabled mod_security completely..
and 3rd time with my screenshot they have replied that they have disabled the mode security regarding the domain now... Not sure what is the difference!.. But happy to see its working now.. 

Thanks man!
ross Team
ross Mar 5 '15
Great. Thanks for letting us know. 
Pages: « 1 2 3