We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Recovery problems | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 17 '14
I used to buy a lot of my plugins with the old FoxTechs account that was oxwall.org/user/OxTechs.

As some may know, I deleted that account in April which means I lost my licenses to many of those plugins. OxwallAccessories was grateful enough and verified me and granted me back the Video chat plugin, Kairat of the Smileys plugin is still confirming me, and my only problem is trying to prove to the developer Aron that I did purchase "Start Page Pro" with my old account.

Here's the problem:

I logged into my paypal with it's email team@weeshare.ws (that email doesn't exist anymore, but I still use it as my business paypal email) and gave him THE TRANSACTION ID to the plugin, of which he found and verified.

He proceeded to not grant the license though because I couldn't log into the email team@weeshare.ws or my old email from 2012 that doesn't exist anymore to confirm some "code" he sent. He sent me the latest plugin file, but did not grant a license. I refuse to pay $14 for a plugin I had already bought for $12 last year.

Sure, the account doesn't exist on Oxwall anymore, but the PayPal account the money came out of does. 

So, is there any chance Oxwall will be changing the store to make license recovery easier? I know developers can set their own terms and agreements and such, but in the case of me and recovering Start Page pro, it is a pain.

Thanks.

~Jake.

www.ewtnet.us

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 18 '14
Start Page pro is so crappy i wish i never bought it 
infarct iv bought a few or arons plugins and every one is just sh*t 
he wont and well just cant fix any of the problems 
Pete
Pete Jul 18 '14

just phone paypal and thy should sort your account out for you,so you can access it again

JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 18 '14

Quote from Pete

just phone paypal and thy should sort your account out for you,so you can access it again

I have access to the PayPal account Pete. The problem is the email I'm using for the paypal account now no longer exist, and the email that was the primary before that one definitely does not exist but Aron is persistent on trying to get me to log into these non-existent email accounts for confirmation, apparently because being able to still access the same PayPal account that used both emails and provide the transaction ID is not good enough.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 18 '14
is there a way to print the transaction ID page or save as file or something to show him 

when i try get things fixed he found my stuff just with my paypall email addy 
because i had bought the plugin from his site 
JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 18 '14

Quote from Tammy is there a way to print the transaction ID page or save as file or something to show him 

when i try get things fixed he found my stuff just with my paypall email addy 
because i had bought the plugin from his site 
I'm not sure, haven't checked with the PayPal website.

But I don't need a bug fix or anything, just trying to get the plugin license back. He has the email to the account that purchased the plugin, he has the transaction ID, but he won't listen when I tell him that I cannot log into those email accounts - because those email accounts do not exist anymore.

You can use an old email account for logging into websites, but if it's deleted you can't log into that actual email. I've tried telling him this in about 7 messages so far, but he still keeps trying to do this "email CODE confirmation" thing..

It's a pain and bother I don't want others to go through, so I hope that in the near future, the Oxwall store introduces an easy way of recovering plugin license keys.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 18 '14
aron can be very painful to deal with 
and i will never ever ever buy anything of his again 
the plugins are a complete mess 
JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 18 '14
The plugin was granted to me finally. I'm fine with his plugins, then again I've only bought his Search Pro plugin and Start Page pro.

Still, Oxwall should consider some sort of recovery option. It'd be helpful.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 18 '14
yeah iv thought about what if facebbok canceled or my profile on there gets hacked or something how would i get to my plugins i have bought here
bobbi
bobbi Jul 18 '14
tammy reset your password on oxwall (here) then you can log in both ways, i had to do this when i had a plug in issue and oxwall needed my details to check something
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 18 '14
cool thank bobbi
Pete
Pete Jul 18 '14
jake just message Arron from paypal and this well confirm you or the account holder . If he wont give you the plugin file a claim with paypal
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 18 '14