We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The Plugin From Hell - Mailbox | Forum

Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Jul 18 '14
For us admins that have mass-messaged members in the past before 1.7 and this new plugin, I now have over 3000 "conversations" in my inbox. There is no mass-delete, so now I have to delete each one, one by one. 

It's incredibly slow, at least a minute to load the next message after deleting. This is going to take me months to delete the "conversations" that would not have been in my inbox previously. I would assume that all members who have messaged other members and gotten no reply will have all those end up in their inbox as well.

When logging in to a normal user test account which has only a few messages in it, the plugin performs quite well. So I think it's safe to assume that the slow performance is due to massively overloaded inboxes now that the new plugin has made "conversations" out of every sent message a member has made. 

PLEASE update this plugin with a "purge inbox" or some sort of bulk delete feature. 

The Forum post is edited by Jobee Bendijo Jul 18 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 14 '14
Jobee our developers are handling the issue. The plugin will be updated asap, so that you can deal with the massive amount of conversation in your mailbox. Please be patient. We do our best.
You do not have permission to reply this topic