We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed - How do I get rid of this? | Forum

Joe
Joe Oct 10 '11
- I posted a status update, testing the newsfeed.
- Deleted the comment
- Why does it show up on profile page next to profile name & how do I get rid of it?

See the screenshots...
The Forum post is edited by Joe Oct 10 '11
Attachments:
  001.jpg (89.03Kb)
  002.jpg (50.17Kb)
Den Team
Den Oct 11 '11
Sorry, but I didn't get your point. Would you rephrase it?
Joe
Joe Oct 22 '11
Sorry about that... let me see if I can be more detailed in explaining this...

- I installed the newsfeed plugin. I was testing it to see how it works.

- I noticed that when I typed something in the "What's Happening" Box that it also appears on the profile page next to the Profile Name (see screenshots).

- I disabled "status updates from homepage" but can't do it on dashboard or profile view.

- I don't want the status updates appearing next to the profile name (as they do in the screenshots).

*** - Now, it's NOT visible on my profile IF I'm logged in but, it's visible to other members. It's visible on my profile IF I'm NOT logged in.

- It seems the only way to remove it is to type something else.

So, I guess my question is... is there anyway to prevent the typed "What's Happening" (or status updates) from appearing next to the profile name? Or, can status updates be disabled from dashboard & profile like it is disabled on home page?

I hope this makes sense. That status update appearing next to the profile name is a real "deal-breaker" in using the newsfeed plugin.

Thanx
J

Den Team
Den Oct 24 '11
Got it. Thank you for explanation. 
Status updates is already present in newsfeed, because full disabling of status updates decreases newsfeed effective functional to minimum. 
You can disable Status update on site index page only, if you want to use newsfeed on site index as activity list only, but you can't disable it on dashboard and profile page to allow user post and generate this activity list :) 
Unus
Unus Feb 25 '16
hi, thanks for your answer.

how can I take out newsfeed from index page and leave it on the other pages?

thank you

Unus

ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
Click on customize this page button on index page and remove the newsfeed widget.