We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Full-size images and downloads no longer working - Photo | Forum

Daniel
Daniel Jul 19 '14
I have updated my Oxwall site to v1.7 and the latest Photo plug-in (as downloadable today Jul 19th from the store). I noticed that neither displaying photos in original size, nor downloading the files, is possible anymore, even though both options in the plug-in settings are activated. This is the case for both images uploaded before and after the upgrade.

The option to view the full size image has disappeared from the drop-down menu on the top right of the photo display. Also, while the large view button is still present in the bottom right, and clicking it switched the photo display to full screen, the image displayed is still the small downsampled version for the regular photo display, which in most cases is a lot smaller than the resolution of the screen.

I would like my users to have the option to display and download the original photo file as uploaded by the creator. Is there something I need to do to re-enable this functionality, or is it a bug in the plugin?

Regards
Daniel
Daniel Nov 14 '14
I'm bumping this thread for new observations as of v1.7.1. I don't know if any of this has changed from v1.7 or whether I just only noticed it now.

The fullscreen view now seems to display a new "fullscreen" size of the picture, which is fine I guess.

However, the Download button is still missing from the dropdown menu in photo view. But I noticed that the Download option is available in the dropdown menu of individual images in album view. This seems to be an oversight to me, I think the Download option should definitely also be available from the full image view.

Regards
Daniel
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 17 '14
You can download the image in the full size by clicking the right button of your mouse and hit Save image as.
Daniel
Daniel Nov 18 '14

Quote from Oxwall Software You can download the image in the full size by clicking the right button of your mouse and hit Save image as.

This downloads a downscaled copy of a photo, not the full size (no "original" in the filename). Either regular size in normal view, or "fullscreen" size in full-screen view, but never the "original" size.

As I mentioned, the Download option used to be in the dropdown menu of photo pages, and now it's only in the dropdown menus of thumbnails anymore (as long as both options "Allow users to download photos" and "Show and store full-size photos" are activated in settings). I'm sure its removal must have been by mistake.
You do not have permission to reply this topic