We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Failed to open steam : permission denied | Forum

Vivek
Vivek Jul 24 '14
Hi , I am getting this error while updating 1.6 to 1.7 .
I have provide 777 -R permission to folder still this problem coming .
screenshot attached
Attachments:
  log.png (122.84Kb)
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
Vivek, how do you update your software? manually or auto? If auto, can you please try it manually. If you do that manually, please check the update pack ow_core/session_authenticator.php file is there. 
Vivek
Vivek Jul 24 '14
Hi ross,
i am trying auto-update. I have few questions about update. how does it affect the functionality of 3rd party plugins if i try to auto update with or without disabling it ?
And why do user need to disable to 3rd party plugins while updating,what and where is the conflict ?
I am a developer of one of 3rd party plugin. I am trying to make same test environment like our client . I want to use auto-update ,manual update wont work in my case.
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
Well, 3 party plugins may just interfere the update process, for example they may use some class or method, which is not used or modified in some way in 1.7 and they can break the update process, which is why we asked our members to disable them before doing the update. 

Can you specify, please why you can't do the manual update?

Vivek
Vivek Jul 24 '14
one of our client gave feedback that our plugin is not working after he/she auto-update the site. So , i am trying to make same test environment to check where is the problem. I tried using plugin on fresh 1.7 version and It is working fine.
Problems i was having in auto-update from 1.6 to 1.7 were
First, There was permission error (something like files cannot be overwrite) . There was problem in user permission [Fixed]
Then , Second , I was using filezilla server for ftp. There was chmod error for ow_static folder. chmod was not enabled. I fix that by  adding these commands in vsftpd.conf  seccomp_sandbox=NO
chmod_enable=YES

[Fixed]
Then , just when i  thought, i solved all the problems .
This error came. I am not able to figure out.

The Forum post is edited by Vivek Jul 24 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
Well, the folder should have 755 permissions, what permissions the file has?
Vivek
Vivek Jul 24 '14
i set this for temporary
chmod 777 -R oxwall
It should work.
Vivek
Vivek Jul 24 '14
There is also a bug in ow_utilities/ftp.php file. 
somehow it creates duplicates directories  while updating for ex '/var/www/var/www/oxwall'
found the solution somewhere on forum -
you need to add

if ( $this->ftpRootDir ==='/')     
            return $path;
in getpath()  function.
Hopefully it is fixed in 1.7
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
So, what  the permissions autload.php file are?
Vivek
Vivek Jul 24 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
Vivek I asked developers they replied that there could be only two reasons of this error, no file or incorrect permissions. Can you please provide admin and FTP access details, we'd like to take a look?