We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Doesn't seem to be working? - Google Analytics | Forum

Kev
Kev Jul 25 '14
Hi guys,

I've installed this plugin a few days ago, and added my ID (I assume it's the one that looks like U123456-8), but I'm not seeing any data in Google Analytics.

I'm running 1.7, are there any issues, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Kev
Kev Jul 29 '14
4 days and no response on this. Anyone got any ideas??
Kev
Kev Aug 11 '14
Haha over 2 weeks and still nothing. Awesome.
Natch
Natch Aug 29 '14
#foreveralone
Kev
Kev Aug 30 '14
Tell me about it! haha
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 4 '14
Have you submitted your website to google, in the webmaster tools? have you added meta tag in the admin panel?
Kev
Kev Sep 4 '14
What meta tag in the admin panel? The plugin only has a single field, which is the property ID. Nothing else is mentioned about a meta tag. Yes, my site is on Google.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 8 '14
Please visit your google analytics settings, Tracking code section. It is said there:

This is your tracking code. Copy and paste it into the code of every page you want to track.

you need to copy and paste it in the admin panel page settings in the
Custom head code

Then you need to add your website to the Google webmaster tools
Kev
Kev Sep 9 '14
Thanks, I've added the code now. What was tripping me up is that the plugin requires the property settings, so I though that this injected the javascript into the header. I didn't realise I had to manually add this as well.

Might be worth adding a readme, or instructions to the plugin page. Should all work now with a bit of luck. Thanks.

The Forum post is edited by Kev Sep 9 '14
Tecca
Tecca Nov 17 '15
So if we have to manually add this code, what does this plugin do, exactly? There's zero documentation and the read me is one short sentence.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 17 '15
I'm sorry Bryan, do you have any issues with the plugin?
Tecca
Tecca Nov 20 '15
Hey there,

I placed the Analytics code in the head section, and placed the UA tracking # into the plugin settings. I have an Analytics/Webmaster tools account and all of it is set up correctly.

Am I supposed to be seeing analytics within my admin dashboard?

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 25 '15
No, analytics can be found in the Google analytics dashboard of your websmaster tools account
Tecca
Tecca Nov 25 '15
So that was my initial question. What does this plugin do if you need to enter the code into your <head> tags? There is only one step to add Google Analytics, and it doesn't include using this plugin -- I've been using analytics before I downloaded it. Google Webmaster Tools can be linked automatically as long as your analytics profile has been set up beforehand.

EDIT: I'm gonna go with the assumption that it adds the tracking to the mobile version of the site? There are no docs that state what it does at all. Anyway, it's not a big deal, I just uninstalled it since it's not needed for me, but I'm sure more people will ask this question eventually.

The Forum post is edited by Tecca Nov 25 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 30 '15
By entering the tracking code in the google analytics plugin you paste the tracking code to your website in the head area of the source code.

So basically, if it is you entered the tracking code manually in the head section of your website
You do not have permission to reply this topic