We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo Plugin 1.7 Optimal Server Settings | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Omari
Omari Jul 30 '14
Hi, after testing on Oxwall's Demo site and my site:

I notice trying to upload larger picture files (4 to 10 mb) you get a "timeout error". 

I also notice if you select a larger amount of smaller files (20 and more) ranged 100k to 1mb) you also get a timeout error

My server limit is set at 32 mb for file uploads but I know this is something that may have to do with the max execution timeouts etc of the php configuration (i'm not too sure)

Hence I am trying to find out if this is a photo plugin bug or does the plugin require a tweak in server settings:

Mine currently are:

max_execution_time This sets the maximum time in seconds a script is allowed to run before it is terminated by the parser. This helps prevent poorly written scripts from tying up the server. The default setting is 30.max_input_time - This sets the maximum time in seconds a script is allowed to parse input data, like POST, GET and file uploads.max_input_vars - This sets the maximum number of input variables allowed per request and can be used to deter denial of service attacks involving hash collisions on the input variable names.