We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Subdomain | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Pete
Pete Jul 31 '14

How do I add a sub domain  to oxwall htaccess file ,I have tried some ways but keep getting error

http://ukadoptionregister.org/m/

so how do I add subdomain m

If I try the above link on my computer it works ok ,but once I try it on a mobile phone I get page cant be found .

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 31 '14
JB Tech (FoxTechs)
JB Tech (FoxTechs) Jul 31 '14
I wrote a solution to this weeks ago that re-directs a sub-domain to the mobile version of Oxwall, but if you change the link for the /mobile-version website to whatever you need the sub-domain to go to, this should work:

EWT: How to create a sub-domain redirect on Oxwall

Make sure to turn   into the correct sub-domain url, and to turn   to the right page the sub-domain re-directs to. If you're using a host with a cpanel, go to sub-domains and enter "m" and create, it will make a folder called "m" in your public_html directory and you can add the code in the link provided to your Oxwall .htaccess or to a new .htaccess in "m."

~Jake

www.ewtnet.us

The Forum post is edited by JB Tech (FoxTechs) Jul 31 '14
Pete
Pete Jul 31 '14
you created it for a mobile redirect for oxwall ,I want it for just sub domain,i have already set up the subdomain ,I cant just seem to get it working in the oxwall htaccess file 
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 31 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 1 '14
can do redirects in cpanel