We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug in 1.7, "Add reply" messed up photo button - ShowCase | Forum

Julien
Julien Jul 31 '14
When using showcase theme in 1.7, each reply box is messed up and doesn't show the little photo buttons. Sometimes it even shows an ugly grey "browse" button and displays a tekst "no file is selected".

Attached are some sample images of what is happening.

And:

See it in full action at http://ox.merudi.net
Julien
Julien Aug 1 '14

Here you can see the error on the oxwall demo site. Just sent someone a private message and see how the "attachement" box is messed up.
Ben
Ben Aug 1 '14
Yeah, unfortunately I have this issue on my site as well :(
Julien
Julien Aug 3 '14
I know. This theme is not fully compatible with 1.7 :(
Ben
Ben Aug 4 '14
Just fixed my issue :)

I had some code in the 'Custom CSS' field, I removed it and uploaded my base.css manually and everything came back with my changes
Julien
Julien Aug 5 '14
Please share the fix ben :). What needs to be updated in the base.css?
Ben
Ben Aug 5 '14
I'm new to Oxwall, so I thought I could edit the base.css from within the admin functions under the theme by copying the read-only content, into the edit field, making my changes, then saving.

Maybe you can, but it didn't seem to work properly for me almost as if the save was too large. I think this is what broke the theme and hid the button icons.

So what I did was:
Remove all code in the edit field for the CSS and saved.
Then grabbed a fresh copy of the base.css from the Showtime theme zip, made my changes to it and FTP that base.css into place.
Reloaded my web site and all the icons and colours came back as expected.

Hope this helps you out
Julien
Julien Aug 11 '14
Not really because the bug is in the browse buttons as shown in the screenshot.
You do not have permission to reply this topic