We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin not getting vimeo Thumbnail - Video | Forum

Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Aug 1 '14
Hi guys,

I have a problem, if an user write a vimeo link on newsfeed or place an embed code adding a new video, the plugin does not get vimeo thumbnail.

BUT if you edit the video and place again the full vimeo embed code in the box, then the thumbnail shows perfect but it does not update in newsfeed and also need this workaround that a normal user will never do.

Have you any tip of how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 13 '14
Hi, Daniel, thanks for the report, we'll pass it to our developers. If it is possible I will provide you with the fix asap.
Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Aug 13 '14
Thanks
Harry
Harry Dec 6 '14
Im experiencing this as well;  any solution or workaround?

thanks

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Dec 9 '14
What is your software and video plugin version?
it's been fixed for embedding however not yet for newsfeed.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Dec 9 '14
Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Dec 9 '14
I noticed the same, it is fixed for embed videos but not for newsfeed ones...

Any idea of when it will be fixed too?
Harry
Harry Dec 9 '14
Im using 1.7.2 and plugin 8520. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 13 '14
It boggles my mind why this plugin, for so very long, cannot or will not offer the user to upload a thumb, or grab a thumb, so that when one visits the videos page, they're not looking at a brick wall of default thumbs. 

Tube sites, and every other site on earth that has videos show a thumbnail. How are you supposed to spark any interest without one?????

Who wants to look at videos page that looks like a brick wall??

PLEASE.....some of us have dedicated and VPS and we have FFMPEG, PLEASE can we get the ability for thumbnail creation or user option to upload a thumb?????

This isn't rocket science folks! It's been WAY TOO LONG. 

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Dec 15 '14
Jobee, make a suggestion on uservoice for uploading your own thumbnail picture.
As to the default thumbs, we are working on the issue. In the nearest future we'll have thumbnail both for newsfeed and video section for the most popular video resources.
You do not have permission to reply this topic