We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"This Web Page Has A Redirect Loop" [Solved] | Forum

Kev
Kev Aug 4 '14
Hi guys,

I'v just migrated my main site (http://motorbikecommunity.com) and my dev site (http://dev.motorbikecommunity.com) to a new server. The main site went really well, no problems at all. However, on the dev site, I am getting the error "This web page has a redirect loop" when trying to visit.

DNS has propagated, and I've cleared any cookies relating to this site from my browser, however, I'm still getting this issue.

I don't know what's happened as the process I followed for both sites was exactly the same, and they have both been migrated to the same server.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 13 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 4 '14
Do a search there answers for this and check up folder precision and owners
Kev
Kev Aug 4 '14
I've already searched the forum's and I can't find anything that helps, that's why I posted. It isn't a permissions issue, they're both the same on my live and dev site.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 6 '14
Kev, can you make sure that DEV and PROFILER modes are disabled ( set to false) in ow_includes/config.php ?
Kev
Kev Aug 9 '14
Hi Aliia,

Apologies for the delay in my reply. I've just checked my config, and both DEV & PROFILER are set to "false".

Thanks.

ross Team
ross Aug 11 '14
Kev, can you please enable debug mode on your http://dev.motorbikecommunity.com domain as I see http://dev.motorbikecommunity.com/e500.php right now, please copy the actual error you'll see there so we could assist you better. 
Kev
Kev Aug 11 '14
Yeah, I get the e500.php in all browsers except for Chrome, I also get this message:

I've enabled debug mode (by changing the config file to say "true"), but I'm still getting the same thing.

The Forum post is edited by Kev Aug 11 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 11 '14
are you sure you do the changes in the last block of code? make sure error reporting is enabled on your server
Kev
Kev Aug 11 '14
What do you mean by "are you sure you do the changes in the last block of code?" I don't understand. If you're asking am I sure I've enabled debug mode, then yeah, I'm sure.

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true);

define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);

Logging is enabled on my server. Looking in the error log, the following entry is repeated over and over (I've removed the file path & IP address for security reasons):

[Mon Aug 04 20:33:41 2014] [error] [client **IP REMOVED**] script '/path/to/file/dev_motorbikecommunity_com/e500.php' not found or unable to stat

ross Team
ross Aug 11 '14
Logging and reporting is two different things, please contact your provider and request to enable error reporting, seems like it is not enabled then, because there should be the actual error. 

Do you have e500.php file on your server?

Kev
Kev Aug 11 '14
I am aware that logging and reporting on two different things, but you need to give me more information to go on - what kind of error reporting are you talking about? Access errors, system errors, php errors, apache errors, MySQL errors? There are so many types of errors that simply saying "turn on error reporting" isn't good enough. Plus, I run the server myself, I don't use cPanel or similar. So it isn't as simple as ticking a checkbox. You need to be more specific.

e500.php wasn't there actually. I've uploaded it and tried again. Here's what I get now:

Error 500
Internal Server Error.
If you are the site admin, click here for details (+)Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.

Debug mode is set to true. So I'm not sure what to do here.

Márcio Pereira Soares
I'm having a similar problem in the plug contacts. The same error window, and the contacts made through the contact window are not sent appears. The SMTP configuration is given as valid and yet the content is not sent. All departments created naturally and still the problem persists.
ross Team
ross Aug 11 '14
Let's start with apache and php errors, please make them on
Kev
Kev Aug 12 '14
Ok, can I send them via PM to you? Don't want to make my log files public.
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
Sure
Kev
Kev Aug 12 '14
Sent
ross Team
ross Aug 13 '14
The issue is solved, wrong database access details in config.php
Kev
Kev Aug 18 '14
Doh! What an idiot! Typo in the config file.