We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall 1.7 moved to VPS CRON error | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ross Team
ross Aug 15 '14
Tammy if you are not logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity that means your cron is not working properly, if you are, then everything is ok
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 15 '14
ross my cron works fine everything else works as it should 
even notification mail is sent immediately now it was reminder plugin make it ever 12 hours 

and as i pointed out even logged out from here did not and has not worked 
but since the update here a  few days ago when new mail box was implemented the log out 39 minutes works

i have joined 5 other users sites from here and they all the same no logout in 30 minutes

its somthing wrong with the script and it seams they have fixed it

will see in next update if works then 

i can login and leave site open for 6 hours and on another computer manual run cron 100 times and not get logged out
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Aug 15 '14
Kelly
Kelly Aug 15 '14
Mine is now working! Im not sure what I did but I think it was an htaccess file.
ross Team
ross Aug 18 '14
Alright, thanks for letting us know Kelly. 
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 10 '14
My cron is doing and has been doing just fine till Arvixe recently upgraded there something or another and now at idle members are not being logged out.

*/5  *    *     *       /usr/bin/php -q /home/krunch/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
why won't you contact them to assist you in configuring cron again?
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 10 '14
Because the cron is running everything else just fine, thought maybe there was something I could adjust w/In the script to auto log them out after a certain length of idle time.
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
inactive members autolog out after 30 minutes of inactivity by cron, which means your cron is not properly configured. 

can you please go to ow_log folder and check cron_error.log file, probably something is there related to the problem?

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 10 '14
Used to be at: ow_system_plugins/base/init.php you colud adjust this via:
$action = ACTIVITY_BOL_Service::getInstance()->findLastOne('user-edit', $userId, $userId);
        if ( $action !== null )        {            $timeLimit = 60 * 30; // 30 minutes
            if ( time() - (int) $action->getTimestamp() >= $timeLimit )            {                $action = new ACTIVITY_BOL_Action();            }        }

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 10 '14
still on here oxwall site and my site are the same i can leave oxwall site open and my site open in a browsers for 2 days no activity and not get logged out of both 

also notification on here are start to go spastic 
also mail on oxwall leave it open on a mail conversations for 30 or more minutes goes spastic and rearranges the messages  i have not tryed on my site to see if is the same 
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 10 '14

Quote from Kяuncн Used to be at: ow_system_plugins/base/init.php you colud adjust this via:
$action = ACTIVITY_BOL_Service::getInstance()->findLastOne('user-edit', $userId, $userId);
            if ( time() - (int) $action->getTimestamp() >= $timeLimit )            {                $action = new ACTIVITY_BOL_Action();            }        }

Update:
Seems my cron was set proper, as I mentioned earlier Arvixe had changed out the something, I think MySQL servers, was a matter of deleting the cron and re-entering the same path, all seems fine right now as 12 members were just auto logged out.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 10 '14

Quote from Kяuncн Used to be at: ow_system_plugins/base/init.php you colud adjust this via:

WOULD be GREAT to have these settings implemented back in so as one could have control over the max idle timeout!!
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 10 '14
yes if you leave the site and not select logout  the user is logged out in 30 minutes 

but 30 minutes of inactivate  the user on oxwall site and my site and 2 others i have joined are not logged out
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 10 '14

Quote from Kяuncн

Update:
Seems my cron was set proper, as I mentioned earlier Arvixe had changed out the something, I think MySQL servers, was a matter of deleting the cron and re-entering the same path, all seems fine right now as 12 members were just auto logged out.

I take it back:
Woke to many online again yet there on idle,,, GRrrrrr!!!
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Nov 10 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
Krunch, do you have any plugins like autoonline users or user online status or any other plugin which is related to the users begin online?
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 11 '14
No, active extra plugins are:

Advanced Poker
Admin Pal   
Admin Tools
Google Maps Location
Login As User
Member Invitations
New User Alert
PhotoGroup
Smileys
User IP Tracker
Video Uploader - Redesigned
reCAPTCHA
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Nov 11 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 11 '14
Krunch you need to check whether the Crond is running

you need to login via SSH

put this command:

crond status

if everything is ok you should get

cron is running/cron is ok

if it does not show anything, probably you don't have enough permissions to do that. Contact support team of provider to grant you those permissions. 

that means your server cron is working

after that put your cron configuration command

/usr/bin/php -q /home/krunch/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

if everything is ok you'll just get a cursor on the new line

if you get any message, that means something is wrong with the command or path

look at the tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

how to run cron locally via ssh

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 12 '14
Connecting from cPanel (Connect using SSHTerm) gives an error popup and also using Putty.

I have contacted and submitted a ticket with Arvixe 2 days ago, no response yet, quite frankly I'm sick and tired of the service Arvixe provides. Not that they care, in fact they have removed Oxwall from there list at the home-site footer links.

Attachments:
  Putty.PNG (36Kb)
  Error-02.PNG (28Kb)
  Error-01.PNG (17Kb)
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '14
Any update on the cron issue Krunch? were you able to login via SSH?
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 13 '14
No I was not able to connect via SSH, this option was disabled by default on my plan, had Arvixe enable it for me, still same issues w/Using SSH as described above in my last post. Am sure it's something I'm doing wrong as I have never used SSH before, Arvixe did finally answer my ticket asking for log in credentials etc, so we will see.

P.S.
Will update this Topic when and if they resolve it lol, thanks for your assistance.

The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Nov 13 '14
Pages: « 1 2 3 »