We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Does it work for all pages? - Newsfeed Trends Twitter style | Forum

Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Aug 11 '14
Does it work for all pages? (forum, blogs) or only for newsfeed?
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 11 '14
It works only for newsfeed on mainpage and dashboard, not in the newsfeed of groups, profiles or in blogs, forums etc.

Also the @ function considers only the usernames, not the real name, which can be confusing if your website is set up to use the real name instead of username (which is even the standard setup in Oxwall).

The hashtag functionality is faulty, considering also color codes and anchor links as hashtags, since they start with #. That's why I had to disable the hashtag widget.

But otherwise it's pretty cool, If they get the problems mentioned above fixed, then it will be excellent. My advise: buy it, tell the author of the little problems and let's hope for a better version :)

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 14 '14
Oups, I have to add, the version I described is for 1.6, whether they addressed some of the above mentioned problems in the new version for 1.7 I cannot say...
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Aug 14 '14

8/14/14

- Updated for 1.7

- Does not render hashtags which are preceded by ' and ". 

- Fixes possible confusion when rendering tags with repeated text. For example tags in the same message #test #testt would not be rendered correctly

Oxwall Accessories
There are still some issues with rendering on all pages. we will continue to look for a solution 

Martin Philipps
humble question... is there also a fixed version 1.6 that does no longer consider ' and " hashtags? ...for having pointed that issue out to you...? :)
The Forum post is edited by Martin Philipps Aug 14 '14
Oxwall Accessories
the new version should support both 1.6 and 1.7 

Martin Philipps
Oh that's good news! Thank you!
You do not have permission to reply this topic