We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

parsererror and Ajax Error due to ow_system_plugins/base/bol/comment_service.php [Solved] | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 11 '14
I read in a post how to change the number of shown tags in the file "ow_system_plugins\base\bol\tag_service.php" - and the change worked great!

Now in the same directory I found the file "comment_service.php"

It had the following two lines:

//$this->configs[self::CONFIG_ALLOWED_TAGS] = array('a', 'b', 'i', 'span', 'u', 'strong', 'br');
//$this->configs[self::CONFIG_ALLOWED_ATTRS] = array('style', 'href');

Thinking I can allow HTML tags in comments when uncommenting those two lines, I did exeactly that. But after it I could no longer comment on anything.

So I reverted everything and commented out the two lines again. The file is now exactly as it was before - but I still CANNOT comment anything on my site :(

I tried enabling/disenabling de DEV mode but no result.

I am very sorry for bothering you guys due to my adventurious editing of core-files... :( But any idea out there of what I could do? 

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 12 '14
Martin Philipps
In eddition, ever since the problem described above I get a red message "parsererror" when I login in - though the login works. 

Also "parsererror" when I post something on newsfeed - though the post is accepted and displayed when I refresh the site (but not shown automatically)

Only comments are not working at all. When I click into the comment text field, it starts "thinking" and keeps being busy without ending...

All is related to above problem, since I edited that file, even though I saved the file back in its original state. 

Please, can somebody help me? I'll promise to be also a good boy and no longer play around that much...

The Forum post is edited by Martin Philipps Aug 11 '14
Martin Philipps
And another problem probably related to this:

I have the plugin "votes on comments" installed. It worked fine. Now since the problem described above, I get a red "Ajax Error: parsererror!" message when I vote on a comment. But my vote is accepted and displayed immediately...

I am getting quite worried of how much messed up, simple because of editing that one file - even though I reversed all changed :( I am quite helpless now :(

Martin Philipps
Now I read in the forum that "parsererror" at login is caused by faulty javascripts. I had recently added javascripts in custom/HTML widgets, but they worked. Anyway I went through phpMyAdmin and deleted all those entries - no success. 

So I still believe it is ALL due to the change I did in the beginning, described in the first post... :(

Den Team
Den Aug 11 '14
Topic was moved from General Chat.
ross Team
ross Aug 11 '14
Martin, I recommend you to replace the file from the original software package and then enable dev mode again. 

If that does not help please PM me your admin and FTP access details

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 12 '14
I got itinstalled from softaculous, so I don't have the file. its the "comment_service.php" from Oxwall 1.6

Can you send it to me maybe?

ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
don't forget to enable dev mode after replacing
Attachments:
  comment_service.php.zip (3Kb)
Martin Philipps
OMG, you don't know how relieved I am !!! It works !!!!

I now just would LOVE to know why it didn't work before. As I had only removed the two "//" and then replaced them again... all with enabling/disabling DEV mode...

But Great, now with the file you send all is back to normal :)

Thank you so much

ross Team
ross Aug 12 '14
Great! Actually I don't know why it did not work with the restored content, probably you missed something else. 

I'm going to mark this post as Solved then. 

Martin Philipps
is there somewhere still the complete 1.6 package for download available?