We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Confirmation email issue | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 14 '14
go to cpanel mail then send direct from there to the test site 
to make shore ur email server is working 
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 14 '14

Quote from Tammy go to cpanel mail then send direct from there to the test site 
to make shore ur email server is working 

i have different host than domain. Im using CloudFlare and configured my DNS over there like SMTP, IMAP, TXT and CNAME. I sent mail to gmail from my webmail provided by domain company and i received it. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 14 '14
do the test  it will show u if somthing is wrong

siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 15 '14

Quote from ross Well, this kind of e-mails come to admin e-mail when there's no such a recipient e-mail. can you please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details? we'll take a look at your problem. 
Did u check my website? I tried every possible solution.
siddharth J
siddharth J Aug 15 '14
mass mail just worked!! i sen html, gmail showing it as an attachment. i tried text too, its showing attachment not email as email body. any suggestions?
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 16 '14
d

DO THE TEST IT WILL SHOW YOU WHATS WRONG 
if your email sever revers dns and shit is not right email clients will do that to ur mail 

ross Team
ross Aug 18 '14
Sidd, try to register a new user with gmail account, see if you get the confirmation e-mail
Virginio Reis
Virginio Reis Aug 23 '14

Hi

I also have problems with confirmation emal, but I know where confirmation emails sent to Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail acounts endup. They all endup at the SPAM folder of the registering user acount. any idea how I can avoid this?

Regards

Hybrid
Hybrid Aug 23 '14
If your users are not receiving the confirmation email, it could be because it is being sent to their "Spam" or "Junk" box - make sure your users mark your site's email address as "Not Spam" or "Not Junk".

In fact, it should display a message to the users upon registration stating that they may need to put the site's email address on their "whitelist" or something like that...

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Aug 23 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 24 '14
Hybrid +1
Krishnakumar
Krishnakumar Sep 24 '14
Hi Everyone, 

I am facing the similar problem. Confirmation email is not receiving to the new users email id that is used for registration. When I have checked the admin email (sender email of oxwall installed website) I have seen the "mail delivery failed" messages to those email ids that used to register. What is the solution to resolve this?

ross Team
ross Sep 24 '14
make sure these are valid e-mail addresses. 
Krishnakumar
Krishnakumar Sep 24 '14

Quote from ross make sure these are valid e-mail addresses. 
Hi Ross, I have checked the cPanel and send an email from the admin email id. Mails are bouncing 'mail delivery failed'. I contacted the hosting provider to know the issue is from their side.
ross Team
ross Sep 24 '14
The issue is from their side or not?
Krishnakumar
Krishnakumar Sep 24 '14

Quote from ross The issue is from their side or not?
Hi, i didnt get reply from hosting provider. I will update you once i get reply. Thanks
ross Team
ross Sep 24 '14
Alright. 
Krishnakumar
Krishnakumar Sep 26 '14

Quote from ross Alright. 
Yes. Its done. It was an issue with the Hosting provider :)
ross Team
ross Sep 28 '14
Great. Thanks for letting us know. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 28 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 28 '14
Try send from cpanel mail if still says not received the u r sever is problem
Krishnakumar
Krishnakumar Sep 29 '14
Thanks Ross, Tammy and everyone for helping to find out the solution. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 »