We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to setup a cron Job | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rivu
Rivu Oct 25 '10
I searched this forum and install instructions.
I read Some articles and knew about cron Jobs.(because I'm not a developer).
Please tell me How To set it up.
the host offers Vistapanel only.and there is no option to set it up easily.
so,tell,how to set it up without cpanel.
The Forum post is edited by Rivu Oct 26 '10
Dave
Dave Oct 26 '10
try google search i have found this for you

You cant run cron jobs on vista panel / the Other one you mentioned you will have to pay for an external service or buy hosting with cPanel (not sure if there are any free ones) even if you are only testing you will need cPanel to run any script that uses cron jobs
The Forum post is edited by Dave Oct 26 '10
Rivu
Rivu Oct 26 '10
well, how can I run cron jobs on vista panel ?
Dave
Dave Oct 26 '10
hi rivu as i said i used google search and what i see is you cant run a cron job on vista panel you could try changing it to a time etc im not familar with vista panel sorry
Rivu
Rivu Oct 27 '10
thanks.
:(
Den Team
Den Oct 28 '10
@Rivu
Sorry, but in this case I can only suggest you to ask your hosting provider setup cronjob for you manually via SSH.
Pedro
Pedro Jan 1 '11
the correct path is /usr/bin/php /home/user/public_html/yourdomain/ow_cron/run.php that will work. with no -q or anything else. also make sure you enter the correct info for the minutes job to run. minutes 0-59 Hours 0-23 day of the months 1-31 Month 1-12 and days of the week 0-7. enjoy the info
Bruno
Bruno Apr 29 '11
google translation.

Good night ... I have spent the night over a month trying to place the mass email at work. I understand that you must have activated the cron job. ficheito run.php not have the lack of php and the path that I use in command is as follows cpanel

/ Pthiphop / public_html / network / ow_cron / run.php

I know that the cron job is needed to operate the network. I'm desperate I've read about all the comments here and I tried some things but I am not able ... someone help me? I appreciate very very much ... I no longer know what else to do ...
memo rex
memo rex Apr 30 '11
Bruno, what do you mean by "place the mass email at work"?
Bruno
Bruno Apr 30 '11
I was saying that the mass e-mail works only with the cron job. and that this was not my question. my question was how to put the cron job to run .. I can not understand ... I would like to help .. was very kind of you

Thanks
Den Team
Den May 2 '11
@Bruno
Do you have any Cpanel on your hosting? Would you find out on your cpanel cron settings?
Bruno
Bruno May 2 '11
I have a hosting and cpanel. I do not know certainly set the cron job.
oxwall already installed and in command of cron I put:
/ Pthiphop / public_html / network / ow_cron / run.php

but does not work ...

how do I configure cron job? I've seen in the installation instructions and I can not ... perhaps I lack something I do not know what ...

Thanks
Den Team
Den May 3 '11
You need to put your cron as:
/usr/lib/php /home/Pthiphop/public_html/network/ow_cron/run.php
Bruno
Bruno May 4 '11
thanks ... helped. it seems that already did not receive the email the error message ... but my mass mailing does not send e-mail? what could it be?

The message I get in email is as follows:
-------------------------------------------------- ----
Subject: Cron / usr / lib / php / home / pthiphop / public_html / network / ow_cron / run.php

--------------------------------------------------

is that okay?

Thank you very much
Den Team
Den May 5 '11
It seems that cron job was setup. But you msut be able to receive mass mailing,
Bruno
Bruno May 5 '11
sorry. but I could not understand why that's not to send mass e-mails since the cron job has been activated.

Can you planned me better?

Thanks
Den Team
Den May 9 '11
Do you receive other emails from your site?
Bruno
Bruno May 9 '11
not. when I try to send mass email sent says. but then I'm going to email my other User and do not receive anything. Network users do not receive the e-mail.
Den Team
Den May 10 '11
Does your PHP configured with sendmail?
abhishek suvarna
abhishek suvarna Feb 26 '12
@ Bruno Please note that if you run very heavy cronjobs, may be not sending due to hosting provider  limits