We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove add to Newsfeed on Main page [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Arie Odendaal
Arie Odendaal Aug 13 '14
I am customizing Oxwall for an intranet system where users can discuss their questions with product experts in the company. In order to do achieve the desired effect I need to remove a portion of the Newsfeed functionality from the Main page. The feed must still be on the page but users should not be able to add items to the newsfeed from this page.

In order to add the user must select an expert to post the question to. This is then treated like a Newsfeed item and not a wall post. I only need to remove the ability to add to the newsfeed from the main page.

Is there some setting I am missing that can achieve this?
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 14 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 13 '14
I'm sorry Arie, I don't understand. What items are you referring to? Status, comments, likes, user actions?
Arie Odendaal
Arie Odendaal Aug 13 '14
Hi Ross, I think i over complicated things in my explanation. All I want is to remove the ability to add a new entry to the Newsfeed on the main page. This must still exist everywhere else. So on the main page you will still see the feed and do all the normal stuff like comment and like but you cannot post a new item on this page.
ross Team
ross Aug 14 '14
Yes, please insert these CSS styles: 

.index-NEWSFEED_CMP_SiteFeedWidget .form_auto_click{display:none}

in www.domain.com/admin/theme/css

Arie Odendaal
Arie Odendaal Aug 18 '14
Awesome, thanks. I would not have thought that it would be that easy.

One more question. I have a custom user type for my "Experts". Is there any way of changing the comments icon color when a user from this specific type has made a comment? The idea is that it should be easy to see when an expert has commented and when not.
The Forum post is edited by Arie Odendaal Aug 18 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 18 '14
Please create a separate post, as your request has nothing to do with the topic. This will make a search easier for other community members.