We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Max number of people online? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Artem
Artem Oct 23 '11
Could someone tell me please, whats the maximum number of people online, what Oxwall can provide? I know what its hard to say the exact number. But maybe someone could say 10.000 or 100.000
Max
Max Oct 23 '11
I think the maximum number depend of your host
Matthias Jäger
Matthias Jäger Oct 23 '11
And of course it depends on what they are doing... two dozen people browsing photo-galleries can burden your server more than a hundred people blogging. Plugins like Ajax-Chat use considerably more resources (on your server) than TinyChat, etc.

I don't think oxwall itself is limiting the number of online members, but your server environment will.
Den Team
Den Oct 23 '11
Fully agreed with Matthias
Oxwall is like a sport car. It already has a power engine and a light body. BUt you can always increase the max speed by forcing engine, suspension and etc :)
savvas
savvas Oct 24 '11
100% it all depends on your host, i think a vps server should do the job and upgrade it as you go on, just check the extend that ur host can take you to so one day you wake up and your host hasnt a upgrade solution for you  try hostupun go to my site www.batiha.com and click the hostupon banner, real 24/7 support