We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

View Profile: missing info after updating to 1.7.0 [Solved] | Forum

Kevin Dommer
Kevin Dommer Aug 20 '14
I finally got my site updated to 1.7.0 but I noticed a problem when viewing peoples' profiles.  There is no information shown!  Previously when viewing profiles it would show their "real name", birth date and text that they entered into a custom text prompt when signing up (general interests or comments).  Now nothing is shown when viewing profiles.

Note:  avatar images do appear but I don't have one on this test profile shown.

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 26 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 20 '14
Please provide a screenshot of this page: www.yourdomain.com/admin/user-profile
Kevin Dommer
Kevin Dommer Aug 21 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
Kevin, I will need CPanel and admin access details, please send them in PM, I'll take a look at your issue
Kevin Dommer
Kevin Dommer Aug 22 '14
I can probably do that but for the experience, I'd like to try fixing it myself first.  Where do you think the problem is?  What do I need to look at?
ross Team
ross Aug 25 '14
Kevin, first of all make sure that this profile has not removed the widget from his profile, than please provide a screenshot of this table in your DB: ow_base_component_entity_position
Kevin Dommer
Kevin Dommer Aug 25 '14
Although I am not 100% sure what you mean by making sure they have not removed the widget from the profile, I'm pretty certain that nobody has done this.  I know I haven't done this for my "real" profile as well as the "test" profile, and there are people who haven't signed in for several months so they couldn't have changed anything and it used to work for everybody's profile.

Here is the screen shot:

ross Team
ross Aug 26 '14
Kevin, something is certainly not right with the database. Can you please PM me your cpanel and admin access details I will take a look at the issue
Kevin Dommer
Kevin Dommer Aug 26 '14
PM sent.
Kevin Dommer
Kevin Dommer Aug 26 '14
Never mind!  I updated to v1.7.1 just now and the problem fixed itself.  :)
ross Team
ross Aug 26 '14
Alright, thanks for letting us know. I'm going to mark this post as Solved then