We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

stuck in mobile version | Forum

Daniel Kumitz
Daniel Kumitz Aug 21 '14
Hi! My site www.saspen.org/network got stuck in the mobile version. For any user! Clicking on desktop view does not help either. No way to access the dashboard (to disable mobile view). Nothing. Please help! Thanks, Daniel
ross Team
ross Aug 21 '14
Clear the cache of your browser and enable dev mode and refresh the website. Let us know if that helps. 
Daniel Kumitz
Daniel Kumitz Aug 22 '14
tried clearing cookies and cache before posting, did not help, especially since the problem seems to be with the page itself, does not matter which device is used, have also verified it with other users. Dev mode was already on, have also enabled debug mode, with no further result.
ross Team
ross Aug 22 '14
What did you do before that started to happen?
Daniel Kumitz
Daniel Kumitz Aug 22 '14
As far as I recall, I wanted to see how the site looks in mobile view. I had found the setting to enable it in the dashboard, then enabled it, then clicked on "view mobile view" (in my browser on a laptop) and then got stuck.
ross Team
ross Aug 22 '14
What dashboard?
Daniel Kumitz
Daniel Kumitz Aug 22 '14
The site admin dashboard, where you manage users, control plugons and so on...
ross Team
ross Aug 22 '14
I will need access details for the admin panel and Cpanel in PM
Wilson
Wilson Aug 22 '14
Hey Daniel Kumtz,

I went to your url link http://www.saspen.org/network and it was dead page.

You can put this in your config file:  define('OW_USE_CONTEXT', 1); and will turn off mobile on your site and only show desktop. Then maybe you could get into the admin area again, or contact your hosting and tell them to do a back up reinstall say from two days ago would get you back again as well. IF you can't give Ross the information he needs to fix your issue.

Should look like this in your config file:

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false); define('OW_DEV_MODE', false); define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false); define('OW_USE_CONTEXT', 1); }

Note: Make sure to have define('OW_DEV_MODE', false); set to "TRUE" to see changes made to the script. After your happy with all changes, put it back to "FALSE" so it does not slow your site down.

just a thought,
Wilson
ross Team
ross Aug 24 '14
Something is wrong with the server, I already disabled mobile version, when you go domain/subdomain it does not load the page however if you index.php or join or any other page it opens it, I already told Daniel in PM to contact his provider