We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FaceBook Connect error | Forum

Thaer
Thaer Oct 26 '10
Hello i got this error win tray to connect with facebook conect:

any idea?
Den Team
Den Oct 26 '10
With what email address did you try to connect facebook?
Thaer
Thaer Oct 27 '10
I have news, this error was because I was trying to access with email creator of the facebook application.
if I try with another email update the page without access, but does not give any error?

Thaer
Thaer Oct 27 '10
no way :( i tray to singup with facebook with many emails i got same massege : invalid E mail any idea??
Paolo
Paolo Oct 27 '10
I've encountered this problem as well, but I believe it is because the Facebook cookie is still in your browser's cache even when you logout. I asked a couple of friends to join my site just to test it, and this bug came up. I resolved it by clearing my browser's cache. Only then was my 2nd friend able to signup using Facebook connect.
Den Team
Den Oct 28 '10
@Thaer
Did you configure facebook connect properly?
Thaer
Thaer Oct 31 '10
Hi,
i fix the probleme this error only with emails that hosted in the same server as oxwall
i tray with other email and evrything ok.!!
Den Team
Den Nov 1 '10
Thanks for solution. We will check fbconnect with the same email.
Mark
Mark Nov 24 '10
hi, i also have this error...is there anyway around this yet?
Den Team
Den Nov 25 '10
What version of FB connect do you have? You can check it on ow_plugins/fbconnect/plugin.xml
Mark
Mark Nov 25 '10
hi, i have it working now, the only other error i can see is the ones mentioned above regarding signing in and if it is incorrect, users having to delete cookies to re-try
Long
Long Nov 26 '10
Hello i got this error connect with facebook conect:

Help
thanks
Den Team
Den Nov 29 '10
Our dev team broke hands in searching this bug in code. And we find that this bug can appear when Facebook doesn't reply with email or username, when our script make a query to their server. This can be due to facebook server's problems. In this case, just try again later. We will add in code for catch this error and ask user to try later.

@Mark
Thanks for report. Will fix this too.
Den Team
Den Nov 29 '10
@Long
Joined to your site with FB without any problems,
Paolo
Paolo Nov 29 '10
Great job so far, Addenster. Facebook does have a lot of issues that could affect this module.

Quote from Addenster

Our dev team broke hands in searching this bug in code. And we find that this bug can appear when Facebook doesn't reply with email or username, when our script make a query to their server. This can be due to facebook server's problems. In this case, just try again later. We will add in code for catch this error and ask user to try later.

@Mark

Thanks for report. Will fix this too.

Felix
Felix Nov 30 '10
I have the same problem too. which is the resolution?
Ste
Ste Dec 8 '10
What does:

fbconnect+admin_configuration_required_notification

Mean ?

Went into settings I have 2 input fields, no labels.. no explanation
Ste
Ste Dec 8 '10
Managed to find out what was required by virtue of source code lol. However we only have 1/2 a facebook symbol showing. Possibly just a css issue.
Den Team
Den Dec 10 '10
This issue means that some langs were not applied with FB plugin.
In this case, try to download latest version of FB from store, upload and install it again.
If ti doesn't help, check folder's permissions (777) before reinstalling FB:
- ow_userfiles
- ow_pluginsfiles

and try to reinstall FB again.
Dani
Dani Dec 17 '10
OW Debug - Exception
Message: Can't find config `api_key` in section `fbconnect`!
File: C:\HostingSpaces\itproms\midominio.es\wwwroot\ow_system_plugins\base\bol\config_service.php
Line: 151
Trace:

#0 C:\HostingSpaces\itproms\midominio.es\wwwroot\ow_core\config.php(167): BOL_ConfigService->saveConfig('fbconnect', 'api_key', 'c8af45c8eecef3f...')
#1 C:\HostingSpaces\itproms\midominio.es\wwwroot\ow_plugins\fbconnect\controllers\admin.php(326): OW_Config->saveConfig('fbconnect', 'api_key', 'c8af45c8eecef3f...')
#2 C:\HostingSpaces\itproms\midominio.es\wwwroot\ow_plugins\fbconnect\controllers\admin.php(59): FBCONNECT_AccessForm->process()
#3 [internal function]: FBCONNECT_CTRL_Admin->index(Array)
#4 C:\HostingSpaces\itproms\midominio.es\wwwroot\ow_core\dispatcher.php(239): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(FBCONNECT_CTRL_Admin), Array)
#5 C:\HostingSpaces\itproms\midominio.es\wwwroot\ow_core\application.php(290): OW_Dispatcher->dispatch()
#6 C:\HostingSpaces\itproms\midominio.es\wwwroot\index.php(65): OW_Application->dispatch()
#7 {main}

Type: InvalidArgumentException
Pages: 1 2 »