We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Messages locked after checking on Mobile Site [SOLVED] | Forum

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Aug 22 '14
If I have the mobile site enabled (and I do), when a member checks their mail or notifications there, they do what they are supposed to do. When the member visits the main site, the notifications are still there and have to be rechecked.

For messages this is troubling because once a message is checked via the mobile version, it cannot be checked on the desktop version. The message will not load and the notification will not go away unless you REPLY to the message in the mobile version. Very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Aside from disabling the mobile site, how can this be fixed so the notifications (namely the messages issue) communicate across the mobile and desktop versions of the site?

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 26 '14
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Aug 22 '14
Additionally, this just happened to me now. I started a new thread with the person on the desktop site since the mobile site has the thread locked. I was able to send the thread, but not even the new thread with this member will open on the desktop site. I HAVE to use the mobile version of the site to communicate with this member now.
ross Team
ross Aug 25 '14
Elizabeth I will need admin access details for the website and Cpanel access details in PM please. I will take a look at the issue. 
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Aug 25 '14
Thanks ross. I actually solved this myself yesterday and forgot I had posted this here. I ended up having to remove the plug-in (not simply deactivate it, but uninstall it completely). When I re-installed the latest plug in, it looked different (I have buttons now where there were none which is cool). We ran some tests and now it seems to have cleared up its previous issue and works between the built-in mobile site and desktop site. So here's hoping it stays all nice and pretty :3
ross Team
ross Aug 25 '14
Elizabeth, can you please specify, which plugin you have removed? messages?
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Aug 26 '14
Yes ross, it was messages I uninstalled and reinstalled. I am wondering if an update I did on another pluging caused it to have a problem. ??? But yes, after uninstalling and reinstalling, it worked fine.
ross Team
ross Aug 26 '14
Alright, I'm going to mark this post as solved for now.