We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Go Custom Menu Icons | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Rob R
Rob R Aug 22 '14
I'm running the Classifieds and Extended Events plugins with the Facebook Go theme.  I'm trying to figure out how to add icons next to the new plugin items in the menu.  I notice that for each menu item, the following css references the icon image:

.ow_main_menu .forum_forum {
background: url(images/main_forum.png)no-repeat  10pxcenter;
}
.ow_main_menu .forum_forum:hover,
.ow_main_menu .forum_forum.active {
background-image: url(images/main_forum.png)no-repeat  10pxcenter;
}

I've tried recreating this css for the classes associated with the new plugin menu items but the image is not showing up.  Currently it is inheriting a main_feault.png image which doesn't even exist.

Are there other changes I need to make to specific files?  Of note, I'm making css changes in the admin panel (not text editor to base.css); the image is definitely in the right theme image directory (in both ow_themes and ow_static); I have refreshed the browser a dozen times.

Any advice appreciated.
Omari
Omari Aug 23 '14
whats ur website rob i did this with a similar theme from the same author so ill check it.
Rob R
Rob R Aug 23 '14
Just sent you a pm Omari.  Thanks!
Paul
Paul Jun 25 '15
Hi guys - did you crack this issue as I have a similar problem trying to apply customised menu icons for the same plugins as Rob R, would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Paul

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Jun 26 '15

Quote from Rob R ow_main_menu .forum_forum { background: url(images/main_forum.png)no-repeat 10pxcenter; } .ow_main_menu .forum_forum:hover, .ow_main_menu .forum_forum.active { background-image: url(images/main_forum.png)no-repeat 10pxcenter; }

ow_main_menu .forum_forum {
background: url(images/main_forum.png) no-repeat  10px center !important}
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Jun 26 '15
Paul
Paul Jun 26 '15
Doesn't work for me :-(
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Jun 26 '15

Quote from Paul Doesn't work for me :-(

Let me have your site url address so as I can take a peek and see.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 29 '15
this works for me 

.ow_main_menu .iclassifieds_menutext_value { 

background: url("/ow_userfiles/themes/main_myfile.png")no-repeat 10px center; }

change for what plugin menu icon you want change
iclassifieds
change for what icon you want to use 
main_myfile.png