We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't upload or play video - Video player in newsfeed | Forum

Jim Stuhmiller
Jim Stuhmiller Aug 23 '14

I download the plugin and installed it. Then I "uploaded" an mp4 video. The screen says it's uploaded and a post appears on the newsfeed.

I click on the link "New Video ...." and I'm taken to a page that looks like this

The picture is black and nothing happens when I click on it.

When I go back the Newsfeed page and right click on the link, I get this URL

www.stuhmiller.com/(name of directory)/uploaded-video/view/1

There is no subdirectory called uploaded-video and no files have been uploads anywhere, as far as I can tell.

I tried uninstalling the plugin and re-installing it, but nothing changes

Attachments:
  Problems with video plugin.docx (982Kb)
iDragon Solution Co., Ltd
Hi, Because Videouploader plugin didn't load video thumbnail. Please see the screenshot to get more detail.
Attachments:
  videofeedplayer.png (19Kb)
Jim Stuhmiller
Jim Stuhmiller Aug 25 '14

When I click on the blank spot a big back square appears that says "invalid Source". When I right click on the square I find the URL localhost/ow_userfs/plugins/ivideo/WSCT2831.mp4. The file is in that directory and it plays fine.

Can you play that video in the video detail page? www.stuhmiller.com/(name of directory)/uploaded-video/view/1
The Forum post is edited by iDragon Solution Co., Ltd Aug 25 '14
Jim Stuhmiller
Jim Stuhmiller Aug 26 '14
There is no directory .../uploaded-video
Send me your site url, account testing, i will have to check.
The Forum post is edited by iDragon Solution Co., Ltd Aug 26 '14
Jim Stuhmiller
Jim Stuhmiller Aug 28 '14
The site is open
I have checked on your site http://www.stuhmiller.com/TFGHS/uploaded-video/view/1 , the video player could not load video, it's not bug from this plugin, please contact the VideoUploader plugin developer to fix it.

P/s: please download this plugin and re-install it again.
Jim Stuhmiller
Jim Stuhmiller Sep 14 '14

I've been using the Video Uploader, but I just can't make it work. Apparently, no one else can either. I've been talking with the developer for more than a month. I've give up on that plug in.

Can you recommend something that works?

You do not have permission to reply this topic