We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

NOT All Of Us | RE: Correct way to update your site to 1.7.1 | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Aug 27 '14
regarding this post by Aliia | Correct way to update your site to 1.7.1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. deactivate all third-party plugins.
2. turn on 'Maintenance mode" in Admin Panel >Pages&Menus > Maintenance Page
3. enable DEBUG mode ( set to "true" in ow_includes/config.php)
4. perform platform update.
5. update native Oxwall plugins.
6. update your theme.
7. enable DEV mod in ow_includes/config.php
8. Turn "Maintenance Mode" off.
9. refresh any site page and disable DEV MODE: define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

If everything is ok, activate and update third party plugins one by one. Check your site after updating each plugin. Contact plugin developer if you get any issues.

After update has been comleted make sure that ow_logs folder got renamed to  ow_log.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't have to do any of that stuff and my site runs fine right now!

This is what I did, was in the default theme and updated the core first, then I updated all plugins they where all (15) active when I did the plugin updates. Then I updated all (5) themes and that was it.

Everything went smooth and the site runs fine right now. Oh and my ow_logs folder is still named "ow_logs"

Wilson
Richard
Richard Aug 27 '14
After my update this is wat is on my screen, i have updated it to 1.7. Now i cant do anything more in the admin page. The message below will apear everytime.

Van anyone help me?

PLATFORM UPDATE REQUESTThe source code of 'Messages' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB.

Richard
Richard Aug 27 '14
When i click on update then i will get 

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'oxwa_mailbox_user_last_data' already existsFile:/home/eroplay12/domains/welovesex.nl/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:707Trace:#0 ow_core/database.php(707): PDOStatement->execute() #1 ow_core/database.php(435): OW_Database->execute('CREATE TABLE `o...', NULL) #2 ow_plugins/mailbox/update/7208/update.php(40): OW_Database->query('CREATE TABLE `o...') #3 ow_updates/index.php(170): include('/home/er...') #4 {main}Type:PDOException

ross Team
ross Aug 28 '14
you need to delete folder 7208 from the update folder and try to update again. 
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Aug 28 '14
hmm..maybe I should try it that way next time...
I had a ridiculously difficult time both times I've updated the core and I'm not really sure why. I followed the update instructions to a T.
ross Team
ross Aug 29 '14
Seems like you have hit the button update 2 times, at least the error tells that. 
Richard
Richard Aug 29 '14
Thanks that works.

ross Team
ross Aug 31 '14
Great!, thanks for letting us know.