We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo Album not functioning properly after upgrade to 1.7.1 [Solved] | Forum

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Aug 28 '14
I followed the suggested upgrading procedure to the letter and still ran into issues for some reason. I've resolved them all but one and am now running the latest version along with the updated plug ins successfully.
I do have one remaining issue though.

Some of the photo album covers are missing images and when members try to to restore or replace them, they get a darkened screen with a white line on it as if the application has stalled. I have duplicated the problem in my own account  (see screen shot)

The photo plug in has been updated to the latest version.

I thought to uninstall and re-install the plug in but I can't because it wants to delete all of the member's photos with it, so I disabled and re-enabled it instead, but it still does the same thing.

There seems to be no problem uploading photos from the album screen, the status or comments sections and the rest of the options concerning the photo album seem to be functioning correctly, so I'm  not sure what exactly is causing the issue or how to address it.

The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 7 '14
Attachments:
  album issue 1.7.1.jpg (57Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 1 '14
Please share your URL, make sure the website is open for registration, enabled debug mode as well
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Sep 1 '14
Sure thing...

www.tekcetic.noclue.com

Registration is open and debug enabled.

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Sep 1 '14
ok bear with me,

Registration is open but I just now realized while trying to make a test account, that whenever a new member tries to join they get an account suspended notice. :(

Since I have no particular requirement in my user settings apparently another issue I'll need to look into. 

Quote from ross Please share your URL, make sure the website is open for registration, enabled debug mode as well

ross Team
ross Sep 1 '14
Tess, are you sure you gave me the correct url? as soon as I hit enter, it says server not found. 
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Sep 2 '14
That was my fault I'm sorry, the correct address is 

http://www.noclue.tekcetic.com/

Quote from ross Tess, are you sure you gave me the correct url? as soon as I hit enter, it says server not found. 

Wilson
Wilson Sep 2 '14
hey tess,

I was looking at your site and saw you where using "showcase" theme. Here's a cool trick to try. Go to your "Edit Theme" and click onto the "css" tab...put this bit of code in the "Edit CSS" area...works great!

code:

.ow_site_panel {
    position: fixed;    top: 0;    width: 100%;    z-index: 40;} /*fixs the top bar*/

Wilson
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Sep 2 '14
Thank You very much! :)

but when I added the css edit, the top bar covered the upper portion of the logo.

Quote from Wilson hey tess,

I was looking at your site and saw you where using "showcase" theme. Here's a cool trick to try. Go to your "Edit Theme" and click onto the "css" tab...put this bit of code in the "Edit CSS" area...works great!

code:

.ow_site_panel {
    position: fixed;    top: 0;    width: 100%;    z-index: 40;} /*fixs the top bar*/

Wilson

Wilson
Wilson Sep 2 '14
most welcome...You may have to play with it some to fit right. Go to .logo in your css and move it around in size to fit your needs.

Wilson
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Sep 4 '14
Will do, thanks again :)
Quote from Wilson most welcome...You may have to play with it some to fit right. Go to .logo in your css and move it around in size to fit your needs.

Wilson

ross Team
ross Sep 4 '14
I'm sorry I can't reproduce the issue with the newly created albums

can you please PM me the access details of the album owner who can't do that to their albums?

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Sep 5 '14
Whatever the issue was seems to have fixed itself after a couple of images were replaced in the album...perhaps there was some corrupted data files in it.  
You can mark this one solved then thank you :)
Quote from ross I'm sorry I can't reproduce the issue with the newly created albums

can you please PM me the access details of the album owner who can't do that to their albums?

ross Team
ross Sep 7 '14
Alright, thanks for letting us know.