We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

email after setting up cron job | Forum

mike
mike Oct 28 '11
hey guys ive been having problems with my cron job for ages now and just cant sus it out.
i set my cron job up like this in my ccpanel with hostgator:
/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php

Its set to run every miniute and i get constant emails saying this:

/bin/sh: /public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php: No such file or directory. any ideas guys? i have the cron job directed to were the run.php file is but meh i cant sus it out.

also because of this it says my members are constantly online :(

thanks in advance for any help
The Forum post is edited by mike Oct 28 '11
mike
mike Oct 28 '11
ok ive looked at my file structure and seen that maybe i needed to add my home and username to the command so i setup a cron job with this

/home/my-user-name/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php

now im gettin this in email messages:
/bin/sh: /home/jordo2k1/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php: Permission denied

i tried changing permissions but im still getting the same emails.

any help?
mike
mike Oct 28 '11
ok ive just now recieved this message in email from the server

/home/my-user-name/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory /home/my-user-name/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php: line 3: /aquota.user: Permission denied /home/my-user-name/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php: line 4: access-logs: command not found /home/my-user-name/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /home/my-user-name/public_html/wow-gamer.co.uk/network/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: ` * The contents of this file are subject to the Common Public Attribution License Version 1.0 (the “License”);'

proper confusing all this i might just shut the site down lol
savvas
savvas Oct 28 '11

pls guys can someone help me how to do my cron job or how to install the new version pls i dowloaded it and use file zila what file do i copy the update folder in or isnt that how its done please someone tell me.x

SAV

Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 28 '11
/usr/bin/php -q  /path/to/install/ow_cron/run.php

replace path to install with the location e.g.

/home/keelan/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

So cron would be:
/usr/bin/php -q /home/keelan/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

If you have cpanel.
mike
mike Oct 29 '11
yeah m8 thx for the advice, after posting my last post i realised id left something out and went back through the cron job documentation on the site and changed my job command.
after that it worked fine.
exactly how you posted the code here so thanks for the reply and if anyone else has a similiar problem i can confirm that keelans cron job setup is correct and will solve the problem like it solved mine.
Den Team
Den Nov 21 '11
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.