We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

When is oxwall updating their roadmap! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
Iv been waiting for mouths now and haven't see a update on the roadmap, is the stuff ever gonna get finished or not! Here is a list of stuff i rely want to be sorted, 1 the most wanted & 10 the less wanted.

1, Mobile Site/Apps
2, Games Arcade
3, Chat based out like facebook
4, Site Notifications
5, Profile Backgrounds
6, Site Store
7, Classifieds
8, Music on profiles, music page & downloads
9, Video Uploads
10, Who's view my profile widget

I Know most of these are rely simply to do and some may need a bit of time, but why make everyone wait for everything to be dun at once just do them and release them rite away! please oxwall i be very happy with the first 5 for now :D
Max
Max Oct 31 '11
Hi jeo
A chat based out like facebook is available since 3 hours.
http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/86
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
who finks im rite?
Max
Max Oct 31 '11
Don't understand, my english is poor :/
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
I ment to say who's with me on this?
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
I just want the first 5 sorted very soon if possable i be very happy :)
Den Team
Den Oct 31 '11
jeo
We are open source and we don't have microsoft dev team and we don't want to make oxwall the featured software in the world. We do our best to build oxwall useful and convenient software for most users. That's why we don't hurry to put more features with every release and concentrated on bug fixing with last there releases. Oxwall should work and help real people to build their real community. Now, we are at stage to plan and project next batch of features like group's privacy, profile questions, import contacts and etc. One by one :)
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
ok thanks so how long now to we get these features added? its just i want a community site that just works mobile photos and site notifications this will be great for now if oxwall could do this :)
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 31 '11
Addenster you need to get your guys to write up some decent documentation and most of the plugin development will be done by others like me. The plugin crash course is just not enough. Plus $39 bucks are they crazy :S
The Forum post is edited by Keelan Oct 31 '11
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Oct 31 '11
I know Keelan, Seriously! Sure Oxwall/Skalfa can charge $20 for complicated and awesome plugins, But someone who is basically using the Oxwall Chat and re positioning it and maybe a few edits, Can make those few small edits work $39.
The Forum post is edited by Owen Baines Oct 31 '11
Den Team
Den Nov 7 '11
Slash,
Sorry, but I can't get point of your dissatisfaction. We have already released Instant Chat plugin, which allow communicate people with each other. It works the same as on facebook, but not exactly. Because  we didn't plan to just clone it from facebook and release. The is own, oxwall's version. What is wrong? :)
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 7 '11
There is an awful log of anger and dissatisfaction for something that is free to use.

The suggestions page has in fact been useful.  It has steered the development team in prioritising development of plugins.  For example the addition of full size image previews within the photo plugin... ANY kind of IM on the site.

What is happening now is Oxwall needs to mature and more need to get onboard and build plugins.  Wordpress plugins and themes are mainly created  by "users".
Give Oxwall a chance to breathe.
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 7 '11
I agree Michael Oxwall should continue to develop core features and hopefully the plugin detailed documentation will come soon as promised and us folks can create the plugins which is normally the case with software like this.
Adam Dawtrey
Adam Dawtrey Nov 8 '11

Quote from Michael There is an awful log of anger and dissatisfaction for something that is free to use.

The suggestions page has in fact been useful.  It has steered the development team in prioritising development of plugins.  For example the addition of full size image previews within the photo plugin... ANY kind of IM on the site.

What is happening now is Oxwall needs to mature and more need to get onboard and build plugins.  Wordpress plugins and themes are mainly created  by "users".

Quote from Michael There is an awful log of anger and dissatisfaction for something that is free to use.

I agree with what you are saying about being free, but what you must also understand is that i'm sure just as yourselves would not choose to be given a chocolate fireguard because it was free where you might pay a little mroe and get a metal one..

If you get my drift.

I do like oxwall, but i think the team need to give the word "free" a bit of a rest to be fair.

Den Team
Den Nov 8 '11
Just to be clear. This plugin was already released. Status on uservoice was changed to "complete" http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...ebook?ref=title ;

Den Team
Den Nov 10 '11
Yes, it is our fault. I promise that our suggest board will be moderated better.