We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Still not been sorted!!! | Forum

jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
Iv ask now for a threw days for someone to help me sort my site out to let me login & let members join, whats the point in a social network to be payed to be hosted and cart even use it properly! my site is www.chavspace.com!
ma3ih Club
ma3ih Oct 31 '11
Your Host Not have oxwall
requirements

i dont see capcha its mean your host not setup

GD Library 2 with FreeType support

or meybe more... :)
Ibrahim
Ibrahim Oct 31 '11
hey  jeo  is it  the same problem that i had the other day ?

i couldn't log in to my site ,  check this out ?

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/2414
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Oct 31 '11
I had the same problem. Its the GD Library 2 with FreeType support, Please contact your host and see if they can install it for you.
Ibrahim
Ibrahim Oct 31 '11
i had a problem by deleting the cgi-bin folder that was in the root directory  and not inside "My site" Folder !

so here is the question ... have you deleted anything latelyfrom your site (folders ,files )   ??
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Oct 31 '11
ibrahim, His Captcha isnt displaying, Only cause is GD Library 2 with FreeType support not install/enabled.

I always delete cgi-bin folders and i never experienced problems.
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
Thanks guys i get intouch with my host arvixe and tell them to sort out my GD library 2 with free type. :)
Ibrahim
Ibrahim Oct 31 '11
Owen , Cool Man .. I learn something new every day  :)
you are a good guy ..

Jeo ,   hope that things get better with your site soon  :)
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
me to i haven't been on my site for a threw days and i got lots todo :( but it should get sorted hope n thanks man. I hope you found them links useful :)
Ibrahim
Ibrahim Oct 31 '11
yep man .. they are

now i have another problem in my site !  i installed Tiny chat  .. the page is there but when i click it it opens Blank page !!  do you guys know how to sort this out ??
jeo
jeo Oct 31 '11
i had the same problem so i left it sorry i couldn't help :(
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Oct 31 '11
GD Library 2 with FreeType support not supported by Arvixe.
Den Team
Den Oct 31 '11

Quote from Owen Baines GD Library 2 with FreeType support not supported by Arvixe.
It should support, cos it's recomended hosting :)

@jeoAs I see you just removed/not uploaded oxwall's .htaccess file, because this URL http://www.chavspace.com/contact opens 404 not found page too. Check that .htaccess file is present.
jeo
jeo Nov 1 '11
yes i cart see it in my files how can i get that back? or ware would it be at in my files?
jeo
jeo Nov 1 '11
so can you help me sort it Addenster?
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
You can take .htaccess file from latest oxwall version and upload it to your site via FTP :)
jeo
jeo Nov 3 '11
well that ant useful now i ended up removing the whole script, so now all i need to do is to import my backup to my new script can anyone do this for me its been a week with out getting back on track and iv bet my members think that the site is crap now ant want use it anymore!
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 10 '11
You need to be able to do this yourself.  Without the knowledge of how to run/maintain/fix your site I predict there will be many more long periods of deadsite.
Max
Max Nov 10 '11
Or search the web, it's not difficult.
But if you haven't a minimum knowledge in Web, I recommand to you to learn with Wall.fm
The Forum post is edited by Max Nov 10 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 11 '11
build a xampp system in windows.  really easy.  do an oxwall install there and play with it locally.  great way to practice.